P90X Binge

Options
Yep. I binged at a party tonight on the end of my very first week of p90x. :( I simply gave in and I feel awful. Should I start over on Monday? Should I just continue? Should I continue and just eat super low amount of food for the next few days? Idk :( heeelp

Replies

• emmiee921
    Options
    have a really healthy diet starting from now. don't eat any more junk!
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just continue on. Don't adjust your cals over the next few days because your energy levels will dip too much.

We all do it from time to time.

How's the P90X going? I am thinking of getting to do after I have finished Insanity.

Donna
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i think this happens to everyone, at some point.

don't quit! pick yourself up, move on, and most importantly - continue the p90x. one day of binging won't ruin you!
  • RattieLove
    Options
    Awww thanks guys<3 I feel so bad about it though :<

And p90x is going great, kicking my butt for sure!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Just let last night be in the past and start today fresh. I would not cut back on calories at all. I would ensure my day was full of fruits and vegetables and LOTS of water.

Sometimes it's good to have a "high cal" day to just keep your body guessing.

Nice work doing P90X. I'm doing Tony Horton's earlier program, Power 90, and am on Day 82. I've lost 35 lbs so far. P90X will be on my radar for a future round.

Good luck!
  • RattieLove
    Options
    Thanks!!! I will be sure to do that.:) wow!!! Congrats!! P90X is quite intense, really great though:) you totally should do it
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I actually have a free day once a week. If you are eating "correct" the other 6 days, generally speaking, one day is not going to break anything. Just get on track the next day - its going to be fine. :) Honest.

I have done P90X 7 times (classic and doubles) am now doing P90X2. One thing to keep in mind with ether program - DO NOT do low low calories, it will make it very difficult to complete the program correctly, and your results will suffer. You will find it hard to improve and increase in weights, and your fat loss and muscle improvement will suffer.

Instead do a moderate deficit, and make sure you protein levels are higher. I personally do not eat the P90X food plan, so you can do the program with out that and succeed.

When I have cal levels to low, or protein to low - I stall out and stop losing fat. When those are correct I lose fat, and change my body composition, and gain in strength, build muscle tone, tighten and lean out - and feel better. :)

Also please please do inch measurements now, in MANY areas - and ever month in the program. Many people do not see dramatic weight loss at first, and get frustrated, but because of the type of program this is, and the way it improves body composition by improving muscle tone, mass, and whittling down fat - you will often see inch loss (as you tighten and tone all over) before scale pounds lost. And remember scale numbers are NOT the most accurate measure of improvement.

I often do not lose on the scale over a few weeks - But do see inch loss, and clothing fitting looser and looser. :)

I actually weight much more then you would expect, based on my clothing fit, inch size and fitness level and muscle definition. This is very very common with women especially, as you start strength training. You look better clothed and nakid, look tighter and more fit, though scale numbers may be a bit higher then expected.

Its okay though, because you want to look better at the end of the process. :)
  • RattieLove
    Options
    I actually have a free day once a week. If you are eating "correct" the other 6 days, generally speaking, one day is not going to break anything. Just get on track the next day - its going to be fine. :) Honest.

I have done P90X 7 times (classic and doubles) am now doing P90X2. One thing to keep in mind with ether program - DO NOT do low low calories, it will make it very difficult to complete the program correctly, and your results will suffer. You will find it hard to improve and increase in weights, and your fat loss and muscle improvement will suffer.

Instead do a moderate deficit, and make sure you protein levels are higher. I personally do not eat the P90X food plan, so you can do the program with out that and succeed.

When I have cal levels to low, or protein to low - I stall out and stop losing fat. When those are correct I lose fat, and change my body composition, and gain in strength, build muscle tone, tighten and lean out - and feel better. :)

Also please please do inch measurements now, in MANY areas - and ever month in the program. Many people do not see dramatic weight loss at first, and get frustrated, but because of the type of program this is, and the way it improves body composition by improving muscle tone, mass, and whittling down fat - you will often see inch loss (as you tighten and tone all over) before scale pounds lost. And remember scale numbers are NOT the most accurate measure of improvement.

I often do not lose on the scale over a few weeks - But do see inch loss, and clothing fitting looser and looser. :)

I actually weight much more then you would expect, based on my clothing fit, inch size and fitness level and muscle definition. This is very very common with women especially, as you start strength training. You look better clothed and nakid, look tighter and more fit, though scale numbers may be a bit higher then expected.

Its okay though, because you want to look better at the end of the process. :)

Wow, thanks so much!:) very helpful. And congrats on completing p90x so many times! This is my very first round X)
    Question. So you say you have a free day once a week. Am I allowed to do that on p90x? And still get results? Because before I started p90x, I had a free day too. Thanks again!:D
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I have always done one free day a week with P90x. :)

And I always get results - IF, I keep diet in track other days, do not go to low, or to high on cals, and have high enough proteins. (And of course push hard with P90X, low reps heavy weights - pushing play EVERY day)

I have lost 60 pounds total, lots of inches, and am at my goal size, Just working on lowering body fat a bit more now, and improving performance (pull ups are my big struggle now - love the pull up band!)

Lost 20 lbs last round, doing a doubles round.

But certainly a free day can be done, if it works for you. It will not prevent your improvement, assuming all other things are lined up.

Just keep in mind: For me, after a free day - I "appear" to gain 3-5 pounds, temporarily, on the scale for about 3-4 days. This is not fat, it is water, from excess sodium, excess carbs, MSG whatever. Its normal, its okay, its NOT a need for panic. Near the end of the week, it all comes back off.

Do not freak over scale changes from day to day, nor if you do not see a losing tread from week 1, to week 2.

Rather watch overall treads - what goes on over 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks? Are you consistently going down in poundage OR inches. If you are - then you are on track. If you are consistently going up, then twaek things a bit.

Scale changes from one day to the next are not accurately indicative of fat loss, muscle gain. It is more a reflection of water, glocogen, wastes, fluids and such in the body. Don't let that number derail you.

See this link I posted recently, for better explanation.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470102-not-losing-could-it-be-muscle

Nice photos in there that will help also. :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    No don't start over just push through and keep on going :) You got this!