weddings 2012?

Options
Looking for some more friends who are either bridesmaids or brides in 2012? We all want to look fabulous and feel amazing in those dresses!! I've got about 23 pounds to go until I reach my goal weight, but I'm starting to get scared because I'm approaching what I like to call "my hurdle" I've never been below "my hurdle" since, well I can remember.... elementary or early high school maybe?? I always get stuck at this point and tend to get frustrated and give up....
Let's keep each other motivated!!

Replies

• grimacy
    grimacy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am not getting married, but I know a few things about fitness and nutrition. If you care to share what you are doing maybe I can help you kick it into high gear.
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    would love it! request sent!
  • nichole2003
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid for a wedding in Mexico this summer! eek! Double reason to lose some pounds!!
  • jlo1079
    Options
    I'm not getting married but I do weddings! :) Any brides needing wedding decor let me know I can send my website info :) Getting slim for your wedding is a great goal and it motivates you because you want to look your best! You can do it!
  • KaitKaz
    KaitKaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll be a bride in June, then a bridesmaid in August and September! It's going to be a busy summer!:smile:
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was a bride once... so I know how it can be... but I do event planning and wedding photography (in Chicago area)... the day should be about you and your love with your partner, not whether you lost those last few pounds... I promise you, everyone will be more into your love
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well I'm actually already happily married, and I felt amazing on my wedding day. Now I'm just trying to get that great feeling back for two weddings I'm a bridesmaid in this summer.... plus 4 more as a guest!! yikes going to be busy!
  • mlucsko68
    Options
    I'm actually getting married in June.. that's my biggest motivation-- on top of an aching back and sore knees. Gotta lose this extra 45 pounds! :)
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    I got engaged two months ago! We have not set a date but we are thinking fall or maybe even spring 2013. Either way I have a lot of weight to lose!
  • MrsBenbow
    MrsBenbow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi am a bridesmaid in June and am getting married July in NY I have about 30 pounds to lose Whew
  • hulsey03
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am getting married in July this year, but I am not even worried about that I am more worried about looking my best for the man of my dreams on our honeymoon in Jamaca!!! I wanna fit into that bikini so I can have the best time ever and not worry about feeling fat!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    July 2012 - Vegas Baby! :)

Already have my dress but I remember it being a bit snug...and I know I gained a few lbs since then so I definitely want to lose a few inches before the big day!

I need all the motivation, feedback and advice I can get!
  • emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm getting married in May this year. I definitely understand the desire to look my best in the dress! I just recently got past my own mini hurdle, a weight I haven't been below in over 2 years. I'd be happy to support and help you in any way I can. :)
  • racheyrooroo
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm getting married 18th May 2012. I can't even tell you how excited I am. Only 15 weeks to go, and I am feeling super motivated to lose weight and look my best.

4738604.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ydrgn
    Ydrgn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bridesmaid in june so yeah would love to drop two dress sizes at least. Good luck to everyone. Its a steep road but so worth the journey. 12 lbs down and determined to keep going. And congrats to all the soon to be brides!
  • Tialove1
    Options
    I am a maid of honor for a new years eve wedding and a bridesmaid for another wedding.
  • grimacy
    grimacy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How cool would it be to get all of you who are getting married or those of you in a wedding, together in one private group on facebook. I already lead one and would love to do a specific wedding group.

Let me know if you are interested and I will send you more details.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Getting married on 9/2/12. I've lost 5 pounds so far and looking to lose at least 10-15 more. Not sure exactly what my goal number is, but I'm only 8 pounds away from not technically being overweight, so I'm going for that first. I understand what you mean about the "hurdle", though. I'm getting there myself....
  • psayles56
    Options
    Hello! I am Patricia. I am getting married in June. I started my weight loss journey on Feb 1 and I am looking to lose about 34 lbs before my wedding. I would love to follow each and everyone one of you on your journey to better health. :)
  • cathak
    cathak Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi I'm the mother of the bride... so I have been on MFP since May 2011 & have lost around 55 pounds (25 kilos or so)
    My daughter is getting married in March this year & I still have 17 pounds (7 kilos to go) I'm really trying to get down to 65kilos but have hit a stumbling block & cant seem to lose anymore weight.
    Good luck with your journey