SuperBowl!!! Wings, Dips, Chips....OH MY!!

Options
Hey there! I was just wondering what your "Food" game plan is for tomorrow?

I know for sure as soon as I wake up I am hitting the gym, I am going to need some extra calories!! I will eat in moderation but some food are too hard to resist!!! I plan to have a huge salad before anyone comes over with all their deliciousness!!!

Replies

• asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are making some good choices. I am going to make a big stew which is not that bad for us and no chips and dip!
  • apatrick106
    apatrick106 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!!! Chips and dip are my weakness!!! Hopefully I will be too full to eat them or at least less of them! LOL
  • pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm planning of dip & veggies.
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hah! You sound like me! I know there's gonna be lots of yummy goodness tomorrow, so I'm prepping today AND tomorrow. I think I'm gonna be pretty good though...not really looking to have any dips, chips, soda or things like that, but there WILL be fried chicken & lumpia as well as a veggie platter so it shouldn't get TOO crazy :laugh: Along with the workouts I'm doing, I'm planning to have a nice calorie deficit today so I should be good to go for tomorrow no matter what happens. :smile:
  • cjgsmg
    cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We will be having some chili and chips and salsa. We aren't having anyone over yet (although you never know when that will change!) so hopefully there isn't a lot of extra.

I always tell myself that I can have a little of everything, but try to keep my portions in check. If I deny myself, I'll only want it more and then I'll binge!
  • lightstruck1
    lightstruck1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately have to work all day :(
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    I plan on exercising in the morning and eating a light, balanced brunch. For the game, I plan on eating more of the chili for dinner than any of the dips and chips, but I'm still going to allow myself to eat them. It's a party! I'm going to enjoy myself all the same, without gorging on all the delicious foods! :tongue: Moderation and self control is the key. And savor the flavors, don't eat absentmindedly. Let your mind know it's getting food so it doesn't think you're still hungry one big plate later! Good luck and go Giants!! :drinker:
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i plan on exercising in the am- might attempt some outdoor walk/run intervals for the first time.

We are having lots of company and a big ham dinner. The ham dinner was my stupid idea! lol i know the scale will read higher the next am just for sodium bloat! I will double my veggies and eat light on the mashed potatoes, etc.

There is also other junk, my husbands queso dip (not gonna touch it!!!) and who knows what our friends are bringing, but i know its not healthy. I am looking for a recipe this evening for a healthy layered dip, so that there will be something yummy i can have a bit of.

Overall, i think i may go over on my calories and i am ok with that, because i am still making choices 10x better than i would have a few months ago.
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I actually turned down a super bowl party because I am still at the beginning phase with lots of work to do! I have been very motivated and didnt want to be tempted. May sound silly, but its just what I need to do for me, for right now :)
  • brandts
    Options
    Chips and dip are so my weakness too. We are grilling hamburgers, I will eat one without a bun. We will have some foods i will need to steer clear of, so i am also cutting up carrots and celery to eat with fat free dressing. No company is coming over, just the hubby and the daughter, so I hope to be good, if not, it's no ones fault but mine.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on having a lighter menu. Veggies and hummus, veggie chili, maybe some barbecue turkey keilbasa for a treat. Might skip the keilbasa and have DH cook some homemade burgers. He makes a mean burger and they're way lighter than fast food. I think a fruit tray too. The more I have that's healthy the less I'll be tempted by that's not. KWIM?
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My brother and sister in law are coming over.for pizza and wings.... I will also be enjoying pizza and wings...and I am making a large salad for everyone to enjoy!...well palermos ultra thin greek pizza and buffalo wing muffin cups. I am getting to enjoy great company, the game, and all the great food in ligher style...

Oh yea... dessert will include fresh fruit and pumkin muffins!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I just found out our friends are bringing burgers, so no need for me to worry about meat. It's just the four of us and the kids, that makes it easy. I get some dips for the chips for the others, then veggies and hummus, fruit, and I'd say we're golden. Though that stew idea is really starting to grow on me...
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I allow myself two cheat meals a week, within reason of course, so tomorrow will be one. I plan to hit the gym for a long cardio session with the arc trainer. Ate extra light today, did some 20 minutes extra cardio and plan to do the same on Monday to balance it all out. No way I'm missing out on Dad's chili :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I am going to go and enjoy myself. I have been in a personal hell the last week or so (bad breakup after a 10.5 year relationship) and I want to just not think about anything tomorrow night. I will get up and work out and eat a healthy lunch before I head out. However, I will have a bit of everything being served. Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites, Chips and Dip, Veggies and Dip, Cheese and Crackers, and even a Cupcake (because as Pinkie says, cupcakes make the party!).
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Acai bowl for breakfast (homemade, with a little granola, blackberries, nd banana) under 300 calories

for game:
    veggie chili, fruit salad, hummus and baked pita chips, lite ranch with celery and cucumbers, staying away from the wings