Where's the easiest ingredient/calorie converter for recipes

Options
Is MFP easy to use or some place else easier. I have a few recipes that I would like to know the calories of

Thanks,
Kristine

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    MFP is incredibly easy, but I use an iPhone. I bop around my kitchen barcode-scanning the food in the recipe. It's extremely easy. I really only have to manually add fresh produce and things like that that aren't barcoded.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I use my iphone too, but I bake a lot and don't always have the package (empty ingrdients into containers). I'll give a recipe a try and see what I come up with. I love being able to scan other day to day items that I eat.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I use the MFP recipe section ALL THE TIME. It's really easy.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I have always done makeovers on recipes to lighten them up and make my own recipes. The MFP tool is very easy to use. It's pretty much the same as entering into your food tracker. I have also found after entering a few items in, it gets easier as you learn the little ins and outs of the food database.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I find it very easy to use. I put in a lot of the recipes I make because I'm often eating them multiple times as leftovers. I think its easier to use on the computer than my phone.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i actually found http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php to be so much easier and more accurate too.
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've used the recipe section and it seems to work beautifully.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever had an issue with converting my recipes here so I can get my accurate calorie count. I like it here do far. I haven't ran into a problem yet.
  • lindabinda
    lindabinda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tend to use both the MFP one and I use the scanner on there and I use other recipes too or calculate them and keep in my recipes..... I have an app on my iphone called converter plus which I find good for converting kilojoules to calories for logging.
    Often just add everything seperately but it is time consuming and worth making up as new item :-)
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been having fun with the meals section. You can take all those little pieces you log individually and make them into a meal so you can add them all at once next time. It's really working out well for me.