Veggies

Options
HELP!!! I don't know how to get enough veggies into my diet. I struggle all the time with them and always have. I get sick of salads all the time. Are there any other suggestions.

Replies

• ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    There is always the popular veggies with dip.. but I like ziploc steam bags, I put broccoli and carrots in there with half a packet of ranch dressing MIX
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie in the morning? That will give you more dark leafy greens.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i found out last yr that i love asparagus! we grill it or roast it in the oven with a little olive oil and garlic salt, just try something new or look up a new recipe, you might surprise yourself! also, love the little cherry tomatoes, dont really taste like veggies to me but they are tasty and sweet, sweet potatoes are excellent also
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Ewww at the smoothie and I'm a veggie! lol

Seriously, experiment with what you like, add veggies and less meat to sauces, mash up veggies together, try things you've not tried before.

I love things like sweet potato in curries / sweet and sour etc, I've even halved my pasta in my bolognaise last night and added spring greens.. sounds disgusting but worked well :) i had half the pasta and a serving of green beans at 30 cals and 3g of protein - I don't like greens of old but microwaved with a tiny bit of water (not a lot) for a couple of minutes they work well.

You could also make a stew - layers of diff veggies cut in slices in a caserole dish, add seasoning and sauce / gravy. :) stick it in the oven and it'll be fab on a low heat for a few hours or faster if you prefer. :)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I love roasting my veggies. Even things I usually don't like too much (like broccoli, for instance) taste DELICOUS roasted in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and some spices. Google some roasted veggie recipes, they're super easy :)
  • coke_zer0
    Options
    I made the best broccoli last night and this is basically how:

-rinse broccoli, cut it up into bit sized pieces
    - slice up some garlic cloves and toss in
    -drizzle a bit of olive oil over it, salt, and pepper and toss it to coat it
    -cut up a lemon and squeeze the juice over top.. I used just a quarter of a lemon
    -roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
    -lightly sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
    I don’t know exact calories but you can obviously control what you’re doing on your own. The parmesan was seriously the best thing ever on it though. Even my picky boyfriend loved it!