Rant.... Sorry but annoyed.com

Options
Hello everyone :smile: Firstly happy Weekend! :flowerforyou:
I do not mean to rant but I feel as though I need to say my ` bit ` ...
20" waist or a 20 stone plus looking person? What EXACTLY would be more ` awful ` ` gross ` ` rank ` ` vile ` ` unhealthy ` etc.... ?
This really makes my blood boil :mad: as who are we to judge ANYONE?
OBVIOUSLY in the newspaper today there is a 5ft 6 person with a 20" waist yet if people see larger men / women anywhere or someone with a birth mark which is noticeable or someone with a amutation is that GROSS aswell?? I am no medical doctor but she could be healthy with the whole situation going on. There are situations where people do not get hungry with stomach issues. There are also people who enjoy there food ( like us :laugh: ) and on a mission to loose the weight HOWEVER a larger lady / man can still be healthy at 20 stone yet some people ` judge ` !! Who do you think you are? In my eyes ( obviously not to some ) we are all human, all have hearts, all have feelings, we are all beautiful INSIDE AND OUT and should SUPPORT EACH OTHER AND NOT STARE / BE NASTY OR PRE JUDGE.

Sarah Lucy
UK :smile:

Replies

• bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think the idea there is that we shouldn't support someone who is hurting themselves. I don't think we should be looking at a picture of someone who looks like that woman and think, gee, despite the fact that she is skeletal, and most likely has anorexia, I should accept her. I'm not going to be all peace and love and acceptance on someone who is probably in the midst of an eating disorder. I will support anyone trying to change themselves for the better, but do not lecture me on thinking all things are beautiful. Starvation is not. Neither is extreme obesity.

I love you all and hope you are successful on a journey to a better you.
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree, the last people that should judge are the people on this website. If everyone on here were so d*amn healthy why are they on here in the first place? So you lose 10 pounds and that makes you a nutritionist/doctor? Some people on this website (**edited by MFP moderator**) need to focus more on their body and less on everyone else. I'm sorry, but someone who is 250 pounds telling me that what I'm doing is unhealthy is ridiculous. I'm sure those snickers bars is the reason your so healthy. Hey pot, meet kettle..... idiots. End rant. lol
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    it's an internet forum. opinions abound & like bum holes, everyone has one.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options

You have just proved this.
  • cherrypop1
    cherrypop1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well i have to say that i am in no position to judge anyone and i dont like to be judged either so i can definately agree with you. We are, after all, only human and have feelings that can quite easily be hurt by others judgements.
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that she has a 20" waist due to wearing a corset... Not being skinny
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    wait. What?
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hey pot, meet kettle.....

:flowerforyou:I love this!! :flowerforyou:
  • ThatGirlGlow
    ThatGirlGlow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree, the last people that should judge are the people on this website. If everyone on here were so d*amn healthy why are they on here in the first place? So you lose 10 pounds and that makes you a nutritionist/doctor? Some people on this website are a**holes and need to focus more on their body and less on everyone else. I'm sorry, but someone who is 250 pounds telling me that what I'm doing is unhealthy is ridiculous. I'm sure those snickers bars is the reason your so healthy. Hey pot, meet kettle..... idiots. End rant. lol

Love this!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I agree, the last people that should judge are the people on this website. If everyone on here were so d*amn healthy why are they on here in the first place? So you lose 10 pounds and that makes you a nutritionist/doctor? Some people on this website are a**holes and need to focus more on their body and less on everyone else. I'm sorry, but someone who is 250 pounds telling me that what I'm doing is unhealthy is ridiculous. I'm sure those snickers bars is the reason your so healthy. Hey pot, meet kettle..... idiots. End rant. lol
    Many people here have a serious problem discerning judging from disagreeing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That person is deliberately altering her shape to achieve fame. The other examples you cite are not quite the same, are they? I agree with the sentiment about people trying not to judge others, but in this particular situation, she is doing this on purpose in an effort to be noticed by others as an anomaly.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options

You have just proved this.

as did you when you posted this topic. you are judging those you deem to be judgmental. Like I said, it's an internet forum, the whole basic point s to get people to post their opinions, if no one did there would be lots of unanswered single posts & no replies.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think the idea there is that we shouldn't support someone who is hurting themselves. I don't think we should be looking at a picture of someone who looks like that woman and think, gee, despite the fact that she is skeletal, and most likely has anorexia, I should accept her. I'm not going to be all peace and love and acceptance on someone who is probably in the midst of an eating disorder. I will support anyone trying to change themselves for the better, but do not lecture me on thinking all things are beautiful. Starvation is not. Neither is extreme obesity.

I love you all and hope you are successful on a journey to a better you.

Yep.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to congratulate someone for being 30# underweight. I'll even go so far as to say it's healthier to be 30# overweight than 30# underweight.

I plugged her numbers into a BF% calculator. I know they're only an estimate, and I had to guess at her neck measurement, but this is what she gets:
    Body Mass Index: 13.6 kg/m2
    Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.30
    Percent Body Fat: 7.9%
    Lean Body Mass: 77.4 lb

You are underweight by 13.8 kilograms (30.4 pounds).

I can celebrate her taking the initiative to feel attractive despite being emaciated, but I'm not going to celebrate her appearance. It's shocking. She knows it's shocking, and the fame of looking so extreme is one thing she's definitely eating up.
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Whatever.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Everyone judges, including the person who wrote the OP. And while I didn’t say ewww or gross, I think she looks incredibly unhealthy. And with a BMI of 13.6, which is what her BMI would be at 6 stone (84 lbs) and 5'6" I would say she doesn’t just look unhealthy, she is unhealthy. She might have some non eating disorder sickness that is making her so thin, but most people who have other diseases, don’t showcase how malnourished they are. And while I don't think saying ewwww is productive, it is productive for western women especially to recognize that this is not a healthy look, considering how many of us have very unrealistic ideas about body images anyway.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Do you feel better now.com? :flowerforyou:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Do you feel better now.com? :flowerforyou:
    I love Q.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options