Vertigo

Options
I have been experiencing Vertigo the last few weeks, during some movements in exercise, when I'm lying in bed and I turn my head and also some mornings when I get out of bed. Today it was really bad when I did the 30 day shred with all the up and down movement. Has anyone else experienced this when working out?

I did have surgery on my ear about 8 or 9 yrs ago, maybe it's an inner ear problem? IDK but it seems to me that the more I exercise the worse it gets:(

Thanks for any input you might have!:smile:

Replies

• PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Have you had your blood pressure tested lately?? Too high or too low can make one dizzy.

If you don't want to spend money on a Dr. visit - go to WalMart or your Pharmacy and have them test your blood pressure.

Another thought is a sinus problem?? Experiencing a head cold??

Whatever it is, I hope you figure it out - ((HUGS))
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    PLEASE go see a doctor. Vertigo can by a symptom of other stuff.... we cant' diagnose it over the Internet.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Could be fluid in your ears, but only a Doctor can diagnose.
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I will make an appointment this week to see a doctor, I was just curious to see what others had experienced.
  • rocketgurl8
    Options
    I get vertigo a lot. Usually it's not bad, but I do go through times when it gets pretty bad. When I go to the doctor for it they tell me it has to do with an ear infection. I've never actually had it looked at by an ear doctor but I really should when I get health insurance again. I usually feel it all time time. Because I feel it faintly everyday I asked CVS Pharmacy if there was anything to buy for it and they recommended their brand of motion sickness medicine (non drowsy) and it works pretty good for me. I don't take it everyday. Just when I really need it. I broke my nose over 10 years ago and since then I have had a problem with my sinuses. I'm sure it's all connected. For you I'd go to the doctor and see what's up. It may have something to do with your ears.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I had Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)

If this is what you have look up the Epley maneuver. its a series of sitting and lying positions that you should go through, for me it works
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I get it too. If I'm going to have a problem, it starts as soon as I get up. I'm sure that my sinuses are involves as well as something in my left ear. I didn't walk....I wobbled right to the doctor. It could be from a lot of things and there are a lot of different treatments. It really put a damper on my exercise routine.
  • Jupitter
    Options
    BPPV may be what it is. Especially since you had ear surgery.
  • Jupitter
    Options
    BPPV may be what it is. Especially since you had ear surgery. My son has the same problem.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This could be BPPV, or Benign Positional Vertigo. This is not dangerous or life threatening but extremely uncomfortable.

There are exercises you can do at home if you search on youtube. There are two maneuvers. One is called the Brandt-Daroff, this is the one I have used most successfully, although it can be awful to do (I have broken out in a cold sweat and almost vomited).

I would recommend going to the doctor to check and see if you have BPPV. I have it and it is not fun.
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check out those exercises on youtube.