New to MyFitnessPal. Not new to trying to lose weight.

Options
Hi,

I'm am starting my weight loss journey again. It's not that I'm unhappy about how I look - I'm unhappy with how I feel. I'd love to be thinner, but I know that I'm a great person no matter what size ; ) However, I would love to be a great person that can go on a bike ride without it feeling like a chore. I live on the fifth floor of a high rise. Instead of riding the elevator, I would love to walk up the steps without feeling like collapsing after the first floor.

I'm not into fad diets. I need a change of lifestyle. I want to get healthy and fit. I've just let my laziness and my obsession with food rule my life for too long. Two years ago, I lost 42 lbs through exercise and monitoring my caloric intake on TheDailyPlate. Then, I stopped. For no good reason. It was easier just not to do anything. It's very disappointing to throw away all that hard work. If I would have kept going, I'd be where I want to be.

Three weeks ago, I decided I'd had enough and got back to the gym and shortly after, I found MyFitnessPal.com. So far, I've lost 14lbs. Only a billion more to go!! : )

Replies

• peapodkris
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I am not unhappy with how I look for the most part, though I do think we have things we would change if we could! For me it is about being able to do all the things I want to without a struggle. Do stop being winded so quickly when I do a hike, to dance the night away and not wake up feeling like I did a marathon, LOL.
    Here's to reaching our goals!
  • 0stephiesell0
    Options
    Hey I'm steph and I'm new I'm very happy with who I am...no I don't need to loose weaight but I I love this app it allows me to eat what I love still just more sparingly my biggest wish is to get fit so I can be caught up with my class, studing to be a personal trainer, I've learned how important exercise is, since I started working out I've been so much happer my mind is clearer and I feel more alive and this app allows me to keep track of my 3 main energy sourse carbs fat and protien so I don't over do it and I have plenty of energy for my workouts every day if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to ask I love to help people feel as happy as I do
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi...Just keep putting one foot in front of the other through the process. I have found MFP to be so helpful in being accountable to myself and the encouragement and support are wonderful!
    Val :-)