Its hard sometimes

Options
2»

Replies

• klb364
    klb364 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It is hard to stay motivated. I like to change things up. I love to rollerblade, so I added running, then I added bicycling. I entered 5k and 10k races to give me something to look forward to. Something to keep me motivated. (I have to do this run/walk because the race is coming.) I have DVD's at home when going out just wont do. Amy Dixon is peppy and fun, Jackie Warner and Jillian. Get a variety so that when you just can't stand to hear Jillian again you can put someone else on. Search the library, they have lots of DVD's, Take measurments, arm, waist ect, they will show the biggest changes. Trim and sculpted weighs more than skinny and mushy. You have a great attitude. It's great to involve the family. :smile:
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do have workout videos. the problem is being able to do them. Working out in my home is like inviting the kids to need you want you bother you. It happens everytime. If I appoint quiet time or someone in charge they all end up fighting. I wake up earlier than all of them already, which is very hard for me. I go to bed after them. I really do try to workout when I can. yes I know if I cant do an hr get over it and at least do something. but i know where I want to be to feel good about myself and Im not obese and Im not super unhealthy and for that Im thankful. Its just hard to keep going when nothing seems to change. But I know I will get throught this!! :wink:
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    Cookbooks like The Sneaky Chef and Spilling the Beans are great for hiding some healthier stuff in food. We have found several recipes in those books that our kids like. Smoothies are another great way to get a couple extra servings into the whole family. It may sound bad, but when kids are captive in their car seats and are hungry, it's pretty easy to convince them to eat raw fruits and vegetables. My wife always makes up Bento boxes with a variety of healthy stuff for when we are out and about.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I always wonder what food would be in the house if it were up to me. Now that I am healthier the emphasis should be on my opinion.

If it is up to you then you are in a great position. If you do not have junk in the house all will HAVE to eat healthy. A bit of 'stand-up-for-yourself' needed. You will only be walked over if you lay down and let them.