SUPERBOWL healthy food??

Options
Hummmingbird
Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
Hi all! I am going to a friends house this sunday for the superbowl, and we are both watching what we eat and being healthy! does anyone know of any tasty yet healthy recipes/snacks/food for the game?! thanks!

Replies

• traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    They aren't for everyone (so I'm told, but I like them) - roasted chick peas (garbanzo beans!)!
    Crunchy, salty, and spicy!
    http://pictureloveoffood.blogspot.com/2011/12/roasted-chick-peas.html

13671380.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    mm those sound tasty!
  • charleym9
    Options
    Cucumber and green peppers. So fresh and a treat (since they are spendier right now) and humuus dip
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    mmm humus great idea totally forgot about that little treat!
  • rparker1970
    Options
    I'm doing grilled chicken fingers (no batter), veggie tray, pretzels (fat free and low calorie) homemade pico/salsa dip, fruit tray, and baked lays chips for the family, and jello with whipped cream for something sweet. Simple, but crunchy, sweet, variety and low calorie
  • amandarashell
    Options
    chicken lettuce cups!!

mince up some chicken breast and water chestnuts and marinate them in low sodium soy sauce, worchester sauce, a little bit of brown sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
    sautee the mixture with diced onion and bell pepper.
    use ice berg lettuce are baby romaine or even endive as the cup and you have a delicious little treat.
  • joyce4juarez
    Options
    How do you make Hummus?
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com she's got tons of recipes bound to be a few appetizers on there
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com she's got tons of recipes bound to be a few appetizers on there

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!

there's actually one recipe I made on there that's technically an appetizer, but I ate as dinner :blushing: here's the link to it:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/bacon-wrapped-chicken-bites.html

it was the EASIEST recipe I have ever made!!
  • 170to117
    Options
    Kale chips and salsa. Also, raw veggies dipped in hummus.
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is a good place to go or eatbetteramerica.com

im making skinny baked mozzarella sticks,skinny baked jalapeno poppers,southwestern egg rolls,garnola bars,mini tacos and probably a dip :)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    +I make a healthy coleslaw with no mayo. get 1 bag of the coleslaw mix and put in a bowl... chop and add 4 green onions, add 1/4 c roasted unsalted sunflower seeds or raw almonds. In a small bowl combine the juice from 1 lime, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar,. and a little garlic salt. Pour over coleslaw and mix well. You can also add shredded or chopped chicken breast for added flavor and protein. Salt and pepper to taste. It's great and around 130 cal per serving.
  • f15htank
    f15htank Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    there's always multigrain chips and guacamole c:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    We'll be featuring a large veggie platter with hummus. I originally planned to make Cooking Light's Black Bean & Chorizo chili, but it turns out guests will be providing the main dish (ribs).

I'll also do some sort of cheese and cracker thing and possibly hot wings, along with countless bottles of microbrew. I'll stay away from those last three things. :)
  • tmarie2715
    Options
    +I make a healthy coleslaw with no mayo. get 1 bag of the coleslaw mix and put in a bowl... chop and add 4 green onions, add 1/4 c roasted unsalted sunflower seeds or raw almonds. In a small bowl combine the juice from 1 lime, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar,. and a little garlic salt. Pour over coleslaw and mix well. You can also add shredded or chopped chicken breast for added flavor and protein. Salt and pepper to taste. It's great and around 130 cal per serving.

If you desire a creaminess to this, Vegan mayo might do the trick. I am not sure of their calorie counts / fat content in that, but I can't imagine it is a lot with no animal byproducts.
  • blind4
    blind4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you can have a Cheat day these sunday ;-) only if you still haven't had one
  • tmarie2715
    Options
    How do you make Hummus?

Probably the wrong thread to bring this up in, but the basic recipe is garbanzo beans, tahini (sesame seed paste), olive oil, lemon juice.

Google works wonders. I've seen versions made with beans instead of chickpeas (garbanzo), no tahini, awesome add-ins for flavor-- sky's the limit.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Black bean dip. I usually serve it with tortilla chips but you can also serve it with a variety of vegetables.