New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi ,I'm new here but not new to trying to loss weight. Looking for support from others and any tips :smile: Learning my way around here. I will say trying to loss weight and going to the gym feels like having a 2nd job. Anyway any tips or support is welcome:smile: .

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Good decision joining this site. First always do your food diary. With that try to get your calorie intake under control. That doesn't mean to diet, just mean be aware of the calories. Alot of good information here and also alot of support. And you don't have to join a gym yo make this happen. Just look for ways in your daily life to move more. Such as taking walks, if you have a wii you can use that. Some people use dvd's. I have netflix and there are a couple of dance things I use through the instant streaming from there, on cable tv there is a excercise channel. Look around the site and you can find alot of help . Add some friends for support, people here are very happy to see you succeed. You can add me if you like. Best of luck to you, but it isn,t really luck it is determination.
  • rinkaaa
    Options
    16418317.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kkrondon
    kkrondon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree with an earlier post; u must be vigilant about keeping ur food journal daily. It just helps you become aware of what and how much u r eating and it really helps you stay accountable for eating within your daily calorie budget. In terms of dreading gym...I think it's best to find an exercise/sport/activity that you enjoy so much that it doesn't feel like exercise. Maybe the gym isn't your thing, but how about Zumba, or salsa dancing, or tennis, etc. Whatever it is, just make sure u enjoy it...otherwise u won't be motivated to continue.