help!! major muscle soreness!

Options
does anyone know of anything i could possibly do or any type of supplement that would help my muscle soreness. im doing the p90x program and i LOVE it, but just as soon as i think im going to get over the soreness....BAM time to step up the weight! its not terribly uncomfortable but i would like to be able to go down my stairs without making funny faces.....or lets face it, sit on the toilette without gasping for air!!!

help me please lol !! :)

Replies

• melrose09
    Options
    move move move! Being sedentary when you are sore is the most appealing option, but the worst thing you can do. Once you get moving and get that blood pumping you'll feel better. You'll still be a little sore but not incapacitated :)
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Take some magnesium before bed. It is a natural muscle relaxant. Works everytime. ( Don't take more then is suggested though b/c it with cause.....................diarrhea :blushing: Just thought I should warn ya.....)

I also take some Tylenol but that is just me.
  • alipasquarello
    Options
    I've always found stretching helps alleviate soreness a lot. Right when you wake up if you do a nice long stretch you can feel great for the rest of the day! :)
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Water and good nutrition, glutamine is said to work, but I've never noticed a major difference.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    when I'm sore I grab a banana or sweet potato, something to give me potassium.
  • melmist
    Options
    I had this problem this week! I thought I had the flu my body was aching so bad, but no other symptom! My husband finally said you are sore, that's all. I did Zumba for the first time and am now just getting back to working out, so it kicked my butt! He gave me some Tylenol and I felt better. I've heard magnesium is great, but haven't tried it. I did keep moving, walking and yoga instead of zumba the next day cause there was no way I could have done the class! Oh, and lots of water!
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Water or gatorade and light cardio & lots of stretching. A hot shower right after exercise (like within 5-10 mins) is also good.

I used to think adding BCAA and Glutamine to protein shakes did a little something for recovery but I now think it was more of a placebo effect.
  • rquin008
    Options
    Take some magnesium before bed. It is a natural muscle relaxant. Works everytime. ( Don't take more then is suggested though b/c it with cause.....................diarrhea :blushing: Just thought I should warn ya.....)

I also take some Tylenol but that is just me.

im def going to have to try this! thanks for the warning lol