If you have a Wii

Options
There are two games that are a great workout. One is the series of Just Dance Games. There is even an exercise mode you can use.

The other one is the one I've been using more, that is Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. Its mainly boxing moves but it's a really good and fun cardio workout. After the firs time using it for 20 minutes my arms were really sore he next day

Replies

• apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love the Just Sweat part of Just Dance - but their "points" are no way reflective of actual calorie burn - make sure you wear an HRM while doing it.

I am loving my Wii Active - but see that I will outgrow it in about 2 mos - I'm doing Medium Intensity right now and will redo the program at High intensity and then I'll need a better challenge.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Wii Biggest Loser is great too :)
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a wii fit and I love it.

I do most of my strength training on it :)
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was looking at The Biggest Looser game too. How is that one
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i looooove all of the just dance games :D they are my fav workouts <3
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that Golds Gym one that is great I love to do boxing. I use the Active 2 with the heart rate monitor. It really gives a good burn. Also the wii Fit Plus is one of my favs I like the customized workouts you can do that mix everything together.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I love boxing on the wii fit or on my personal trainer. :)
    The dancing does get you sweating but I annoy my daughter as I beat her scores! lol

Good to hear recommendation for biggest loser on there, I did wonder if it was any good.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    With the original one that came out, make sure to wear your own HRM. The calorie count on Wii BL is way off. The BL Challenge one that came out a year or so ago is a bit closer on calorie count, but I'd still recommend wearing an HRM
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Love my Wii Active 2 programs. I designed one for myself that is 55 minutes and has a ton of boxing and kickboxing with a 30 minute segment of aerobics in the middle. I will have to look at the Gold's Gymn one and see, maybe rent it first from Blockbuster, if they have it.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    ZUMBA II ROCKS! Just thought i would throw my 2 cents in :) I did it today, 45 min and 577 calories with a HRM on. The game said that i had burned 630, but my heart rate monitor is always lower so i go by that :)
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have all of those... it provides a lot of versatlity to my work out at home
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I just bought a new WII today.... I cannot wait to use it for my workouts....