How many calories did I burn

Options
Trying to figure out how many calories I burned for a few exercises that are not in the database or used with a machine that tells you...
For instance I did one Pilates and plyometrics exercise called the butterfly and then I wanted to do the bicycle exercise. I just do not know how to keep track of the burnt calories. Can anyone help?

Replies

• melimoor
    Options
    Bumping
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I done 45 minutes of Aqua Zumba and 45 minutes of body combat which is like an aerobic martial art today and I can't find them in the database so have had to use a 'similiar' type of exercise but am after something more specific if possible?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    www.caloriesperhour.com

That's a pretty decent website to figure out how many calories you have burned. I would reccomend getting a HRM in the future so you can be totally sure how many calories you have burned when you work out.

Good luck!
  • melimoor
    Options
    I did figure out that with the Dance 3 Wii Game , there is a 7 day sweat program and if you do the dance right every 4.2 sweat points burns 1 calorie. So i am happy about that! Jenn I have been thinking about getting something to help me out with this..I am totally new to the fitness world so..didn't quite know what was good but affordable. =)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar HRM that has a chest strap. I think it gives pretty accurate results which is nice that you don't have to worry about guessing how many calories you have burned. It was around $100 so it's kind of an investment.

Good luck!
  • melimoor
    Options
    I see ..I guess I will have to check some things out! Thank you and much luck to you as well =)