NSV - shopping

Options
roseemb
roseemb Posts: 85 Member
Do NOT adjust your television - yes, that was me....shopping for pleasure! For Clothes! For myself!

I ended up going to an outlet mall on my way home today because I really need some new jeans, since my smallest size jeans are getting too big. I went to dress barn, to the womens section, and picked out some 18s. Last time I had bought jeans they were 22s, so I figured, 18 would be safe. I was still feeling gun shy about trying on clothes, since I can't remember the last time I actually tried on the clothes in the store - too embarrassing to take stuff in and have nothing fit, and then have to leave feeling dejected. My M.O. had been to select clothes I thought would be ok for me, purchase them, and then return them if they didn't fit at home.

Anyways...I tried on the bunch of 18s I brought in with me, and they seemed like they might be.... too big? I didn't think that was possible. So.. I decided to grab a pair of 16s (yeah, right!). THEY FIT! I just couldn't believe it. I was feeling so great that I left all the pants behind at the dress barn and went around looking at different stores - and NOT just Dress Barn women and Lane Bryant! I was clothes shopping for FUN! I can't remember the last time I did that. I bought a piece of clothing in a non-fat lady store today, for MYSELF! I bought a dress from the misses section! I did try on a lot of stuff that just didn't fit right, but for once, it did not depress me, I went into it not expecting anything, and in reality, the things that didn't fit were more about body type than about me being too big.

Now, I know my goal is not to reach size 16, but boy - it is a good feeling to get there, it's been a long time.

Thanks for allowing me to gush!

Replies

• rquin008
    Options
    that feeling cannot be duplicated! congrats on your accomplishment!!!!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Enjoy every downsize opportunity you have now!! The options only get better now!
  • malindab33
    malindab33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful!!! I remember being just where you are!!The first time shopping in a non plus size section EVEN better.. Just dont buy to many because those 16's will be falling off you soon :bigsmile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Its an amazing feeling being able to go to more stores. Can't beat it! Very well done... Remember that feeling! X
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    What great news. I am so pleased for you.
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Small victories win the war. Congrats on being able to get clothes FOR FUN. I haven't went clothes shopping in so long other than to just get something that would cover me up. I won't even buy new clothes. I have refused to for 5 years now. When my husband asks why I always tell him refuse to support my fat habit with new things. I am blissfully awaiting the day I get to buy NEW clothes and be proud of my body.
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. You have worked so hard!!! Congrats on the NSV!
  • Mary2200
    Options
    If I were Snoopy I would be doing a happy dance on top of my doghouse! Great news!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!