I started Les Mills Pump 90 day program

Options

Replies

• jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Doris I didn't care for Challenge either it was too short and easy. So what I did was add Pump and Burn with it. Now Im only doing Pump and Burn with between 30-40lbs on the bar. Next week I start Pump and Shred I believe it 55 mins. I can't wait. Im sure I'll be going back down in weights then working myself back up
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try Pump and Shred next week either!!!!! Actually, just like I found with Turbo Fire, I can't wait to try all of the different workouts and I'm anxious to get to the point where I need to increase my weights for the first time!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning! Pump and Burn this morning and since I found my HRM I was able to verify my calorie burn...208 for the 30 minute workout. Not bad...could be better but it's a start.

On to week 3...!

Hope you all have a great Friday!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Ugh HATE when I oversleep and have to miss my morning workout. I had Combat all set up in the dvd player but didn't get to it in the limited amount of time I had before work. Will try to motivate myself to do it tonight.

How are you all doing today?
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You're doing great Sharon, it happens to all of us! I'm sure you'll fit it in when u get the chance.

I did P&B this morning and followed it up with a few more ab exercises from JM 6 week 6 pack. Tomorrow, I'll be doing an Insanity workout my cardio, & my plan is to do Les Mills on Mon, Wed & Fri and Insanity on Tues & Thurs. I won't be doing the Pump challenge at all anymore, since I feel it's not enough of a workout. Depending on how I feel once I start alternating the Insanity & Les Mills workouts, I might start with month 2 of the calendar next week :smile:
  • jataijah
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1. Pump and Shred 45 mins. OMG those lunges killed me. Well so did shoulders after all those pushups. Followed it with HIIT 15. Cardio day tomorrow
  • jataijah
    Options
    Doris what kind of results did you get with Insanity? I was thinking about starting it in April
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Hey everyone, today was cardio day so I did Insanity Max Cardio and I'm super sore right now (but in a good way lol)

@ Jataijah, I LOVE Insanity, I've done 4 rounds of it & I've lost over 25 lbs and a RIDICULOUS amount of inches from all over my body.. Especially my tummy :wink: It's just as INSANE as the name implies but you can do it!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Gals! Did Pump Combat today...really enjoy that workout! My HRM showed I burned 429 calories in 45 minutes.

Doris I was thinking about throwing in some Turbo Fire on my cardio days but I'm still counting it as part of the Pump challenge because even the LM guide says to only lift 3x/week. I don't think BB is going to be so anal about requiring you solely use one program to get your results.

Jatajiah you would probably LOVE Insanity. You use your own body weight (no equipment at all) to build strength and endurance but it's more of a conditioning program so you'll probably see your body really lean out if you follow the program for the entire 60 days.

Are you guys drinking Shakeology? I am so excited for the new tropical flavor to be released...makes me want to go out and buy little drink umbrellas to throw in to my breakfast shake!!!! :laugh:
  • DorisR184
    Options
    GO SHARON!! 429 Calories is an awesome burn! I might have to order those extra workouts somewhere down the road :wink:

I haven't tried Shakeology yet but a Beachbody coach sent me a sample of the Chocolate one in the mail today, so I can't wait to taste it. Do you use regular milk in yours?
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Doris - I use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk in mine...only 45 calories for 1 cup and it makes the chocolate Shakeology taste like a chocolate milkshake (to me anyway :wink: ) The new Tropical flavor comes out on Valentines Day and I am so excited to order it! I got to taste it back in June at the Coach's conference and it is YUMMY!!!

I did Pump and Burn this morning...230 calories burned...but the big news is that I was able to use 10 lb plates for the Back section, even the Clean and Presses!!!!! :drinker: GO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Hi Sharon! I might just have to pick up some almond milk cause a chocolate milkshake sounds delish lol :happy:

I did P&B this morning too, I burned 190 calories and I have to admit I'm loving the hybrid of Insanity & LM.. I felt so sore this morning even before I did P&B. I get the feeling this is just what my body needed to change things up a bit.

I keep forgetting to take some before pictures, so hopefully if I have time I'll be doing that tonight. I want to be able to compare the changes (if any) once I'm done with the 2 programs. Especially since the changes dont always come in the form of differences on the scale . I'd be happy to see some more toning and tightening changes in my body lol :wink:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey Doris. When I drink it for breakfast I also throw in 1/2 cup strawberries and 1 tbs natural peanutbutter...OMG HEAVEN!!!
  • jataijah
    Options
    I did Pump and Burn this morning also. After that I did Rockin Body's HardCore Abs. I tweaked my back today during P&B. Luckily tomorrow is Hard Core Abs and Flow then Friday is a scheduled rest day. So hopefully I'll be fine by Saturday where Im scheduled for Pump and Shred. Keep you the great work ladies you're doing awesome!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I tried Step today (3rd disc in the advanced workouts). What fun!!! I am so uncoordinated so I started off without any risers, just the step at ground level to ensure I could actually do the movements without tripping. I won't say I went at full speed because my transitions were off and in some parts I needed a water break BUT I still managed to burn 320 calories in the 30 minute session! This one is absolutely the most intense of the 3 cardio discs in my opinion. Looking forward to the time when the routine becomes second nature so I can really dig in and go hard.

Jatajiah so sorry to hear about your back. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Sharon
  • DorisR184
    Options
    This morning I did P&B and I have to admit, the more I do this program the more I like it :happy: I managed to burn 234 calories which is the most I've ever burned doing P&B! I was very happy but also very shakey after I finished lol... I'm actually looking forward to Monday cause I want to do it again lol.

Sharon, the Shakeology mixed with strawberries & peanut butter sound delish you have me wanting some :tongue: Great job on your workouts!

Jataijah, definitely get that rest and get back into it when you feel you're ready. I hope you feel better soon!

Have a GREAT weekend and LETS KEEP GOING ladies!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Oh and GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    Les Miles has a 90 day program? Does it teach you how to eat grass, poorly manage time outs and never put in a back up quarterback?:devil:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Les Miles has a 90 day program? Does it teach you how to eat grass, poorly manage time outs and never put in a back up quarterback?:devil:

Why are you bringing up the Cowboys???? :laugh: Last I checked they're not playing in the Super Bowl..
  • jataijah
    Options
    Pump & Shred today!. Burned 336 cals. Legs are killing me tonight. Love this workout