should i be worried....

Options
ok i make my own all natural no sugar added smoothies. but it puts me in the red on my sugars. I am not diabetic nor am i prediabetic. i hardly ever eat sugar really but i make smoothies for energy and to get all my fruits in....should i be worried about this?

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Personally I do not worry about sugar in fruit, however I generally don't eat over 3 serving of fruit per day, don't consume more than 1tsp of sugar most days and don't eat a huge amount of processed food. I think there are better macros to worry about getting enough of rather than worry about eating too much sugar in fruit.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I think about this too. I eat normally and I am over on my sugar literally every day. I don't get it.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am always over in my sugar & usually over in my sodium as well & so is my boyfriend...it doesn't stop me or him from losing weight & I just make sure I drink as much water as I can..you should be just fine, dont worry :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking my sugar because I was eating a lot of fruit and would always be over. In my opinion if you have no reason to watch your natural sugars (like being diabetic) then keep on eating what your eating :)
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If all of your sugar is from fruits and veggies then I wouldn't worry. Now if cookies are sneaking in there - then....
  • occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As long as you continue losing weight, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think it is important to understand there are two different kind of 'sugars' - refined sugar and naturally existing carbohydrates. The bad sugars are the refined sugars. The not so bad sugars are the carbohydrates in fruit and vegetables

We have about 1500 cal of stored carbs. Stored as glycogen, and we can teach the body to transform fat to carbs.

I would not lose any sleep over getting some carbs from fruits.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    that is pretty much how i saw it too. just wanted to check with you all to make sure i wasnt missing something :) thanks!