Wanting motivation!

Options
Today I decided to try and motivate myself. I have been in such a slump for months, not wanting to do anything about my weight. I just plain stopped caring. I guess I was waiting for something to click in my brain. Something to tell me it is time...time to lose weight instead of gaining more and more each week. I am bigger than I have ever been in my life. 5" 2" and 270lbs. I found this sight this morning, hoping it will make a difference. I know, I need to start caring about who I am, what I look like and how I feel. Reading entries has already made me feel inspired to do this. I have feared change for too long...

Replies

• agitch
    agitch Posts: 47
    Options
    Today I decided to try and motivate myself. I have been in such a slump for months, not wanting to do anything about my weight. I just plain stopped caring. I guess I was waiting for something to click in my brain. Something to tell me it is time...time to lose weight instead of gaining more and more each week. I am bigger than I have ever been in my life. 5" 2" and 270lbs. I found this sight this morning, hoping it will make a difference. I know, I need to start caring about who I am, what I look like and how I feel. Reading entries has already made me feel inspired to do this. I have feared change for too long...
  • dwsmustang
    Options
    This is a great sight for posting everything from messages, food or working out. I found it about a week ago. It is now my homepage so I can remeber to log everything I eat.

Welcome aboard and good luck
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome. when you have quite a bit of weight to lose that mountain seems insurmountable to climb. even though you have a long range goal. set your sights on little wins along the way and reward yourself with a makeover or getting your nails done or a new outfit. after 60 days on my program i got my hair done and it was great to have the makeover but the comments that friends made were more uplifting. after that every month i would buy a piece of clothing and add it to my wardrobe and every month i was deleting items that were too big. recently i sent a new foto of myself to my special guy friend. he has called three times today to talk to me. that was something he never did before and my spirits are soaring. good luck and i look forward to hearing great things from you soon!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you have decided to join. I am certainly very familiar with where you are at. I felt that way for years. One day for no particular reason I did a search and found this site in August and here I am. I started at 280. I am currently at 253. It isn't overnight but I feel so much better about myself and have energy to do things. Keep it one day at a time and dont forget to be thankful for all the small and wonderful changes. We are on a journey and there is alot to learn.

Eve
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! I am wishing you the best of well, not luck, because this isn't luck, but a successful journey as you log on each day.
  • TreeSaw
    Options
    Hi and welcome :)
    I too found this place today and was motivated by all the positive conversation here. I think Redalee has great adivse there...celebrate the daily successes and we're here to smile with you :)
    I wish you well on your journey in finding yourself again.