Affordable Protein Shake

Options
I was looking at protein shakes and found the Jillian Michaels that fits well within my budget. Does anyone use them? Do you like them?

Replies

• cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump dang it :0)
  • Dtough
    Dtough Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    the jillian micheals shakes are pretty good but make sure you get a shaker or use a blender, they get clumpy if you just stir with a spoon!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i have the brand Body fortress from Walmart. I like it a lot and it is pretty cheap. Blende bottles are amazing!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    which country are you in?
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Check out Amazon for Subscribe & Save options. I get the EAS vanilla protein powder (5 lb) delivered monthly for my husband and I. It's a good price, tasty and smooth.
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I also use the Body Fortress from Wal Mart. Agree that it is pretty cheap!
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    I have been using body fortress from Wal-Mart. Chocolate flavor is not bad. Plus the cost is about $14 for 2 pounds.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    So long as you aren't looking for a meal replacement, it is a great buy :flowerforyou:
    I like my shake to cover a few more aspects (and they taste better that way, honestly!!) and I am *loving* GNC's Total Lean.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I think the JM one only has like 15 grams of protein, which is pretty low for a protein powder. Wal-Mart sells one called body fortress whey and it has 26 grams of protein per scoop and is only 14 dollars for a huge 2 pound tub. They have chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. I've had the chocolate. Definitely need to use a shaker with a blender ball or a blender because it doesn't dissolve well, but for the price... Probably your best bet.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use Optimal Nutrition. I pay $ 35 dollars a month and there is about 28 serving in each container. But these are ROUNDED scoops so I found that one jar last me over a month. So it was like a buck a day. I like them they are pretty tasty. Right now I am using chocolate malt. But i use a immersion blender, when you just stir there are lumps. ( I also live in Canada, so i don't know if price wise that would make a difference)
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    This is what I use, I dont like the premade shakes

1 scoop Chocolate Protein powder
    1 table spoon peanut butter
    1/4 cup milk
    6 ice cups
    And a decent amount of water

Blend it all together and a very yummy (low cal mine is usally around 300-333 calories depending on what type of peanut butter or protein powder i use) Chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
    And pretty cheap too.
  • cecilia0909
    Options
    which country are you in?

I am in the US
  • cecilia0909
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I think I am gonna check out some of the others mentioned here
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I use BSN Syntha-6...I have tried Chocolate and Vanilla. They are really good, but I use milk with the chocolate & juice with the vanilla. I use a website called Cheap Vitamins, and you can get it for about $26 for 2 lbs. It is a bit more than the Walmart one, but since I use it as breakfast, I am willing to spend a little extra for the taste.
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Body Fortress too. If you find them on Facebook, they usually have a printable coupon available each month. The Cookies and Cream variety is amazing!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes love it because it is all natural and tastes good too.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I use them and they work for me. They are pretty good.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I use Optimal Nutrition. I pay $ 35 dollars a month and there is about 28 serving in each container. But these are ROUNDED scoops so I found that one jar last me over a month. So it was like a buck a day. I like them they are pretty tasty. Right now I am using chocolate malt. But i use a immersion blender, when you just stir there are lumps. ( I also live in Canada, so i don't know if price wise that would make a difference)

This is what I use also. The 100% Gold Standard. I use both Casien for slower absorbtion and Whey right after a workout. You can get the 5 lb jug for about .76 per serving. Even less if you get the 10 lb. The Whey version blends better than the Casien which much clumpier and does better in a mixer. I looked at online reviews and this was rated in the top five for quality.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i have the brand Body fortress from Walmart. I like it a lot and it is pretty cheap. Blende bottles are amazing!

I have this too. The Vanilla is surprisingly good with 8 oz of water (too much water makes all protein shakes disgusting imo). It takes like there is a ton of sugar in it but there are only two grams. Be careful though, there are about 3 grams of creatine monohydrate in BF whey protein, so if you use it, drink a lot of water all the time to maximize results. $15 for 2 pounds? Steal

I also have ON Gold Standard Natural Vanilla. It's tastes pretty terrible with water, but it's all natural and a solid whey protein. Nothing wrong with it. Much more expensive.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just walk into Costco. ostco seems Cytosport Musclemilk protein powder for $35 a bag. And a bag gives about 80 scoops, which is definitely worth it. Comes in two favors, chocolate and vanilla. Mind you, it is whey protein. So if you are lactose intolerant, you might want to opt for a soy based protein powder.

Easy to mix with a spoon.

My usual recipe is with almond milk and peanut butter.

One scoop gives about 27 grams of protein, 3 grams of carbs and 2grams of fat and is about 130 cals. The best ratio I have come across, when comparing to other brands.

Also, remember to consume enough fiber and water if you are going on protein shakes. Helps absorb and digest them better.