Waistline Measuring?

Options
When measure one's waist, how is it done? I know this sounds like an obvious question but it's not to me. I'm getting conflicting answers. Some say to do it at your bellybutton and around. For me, this is depressing because no matter how much I work, I have all the loose skin from being overweight and pregnant. It never shrinks. Others say at the "natural waistline" but this also gives conflicting answers. Some say it's about 2 inches above the bellybutton while others say to stand up, bend sideways and where the crease is, that's your natural waistline. Where do you all measure when you're doing it??

Replies

• angelvicki1999
    Options
    I hada personal trainer measure my waistline by the belly button... I too have had two kiddo's both by c-section. I'm hoping that I'm losing it slow enough and drinking enough water to make the "flap" go away....
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I measure at my natural waist line. However, as long as you pick a spot and stick with it, it doesn't really matter.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me "stick your finger in your bellybutton" and then measured me level to my finger, so that's how I do it now :)
  • dictations
    Options
    I measure my narrowest point and my belly button waist separately.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I measure at my narrowest point which is the natural waistline. To find it, bend to the side until you see where you crease. That's your natural waist. It's often higher than the belly button, but exactly where depends on the individual.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I measure at my narrowest point which is the natural waistline. To find it, bend to the side until you see where you crease. That's your natural waist. It's often higher than the belly button, but exactly where depends on the individual.

This is what I do. For me its about an inch above belly button.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Stand straight, then lean over sideways.

Where the crease is, is where your waist is.

FFS!
  • LadyFaile
    Options
    I measure it at my natural waist. For me this is where it feels most comfortable to have my waistbands rest. I just pull the measuring tape around at that point.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I measure my natural waist because around my bellybutton is where bloating becomes evident, meaning it fluctuates too much to be a good indicator. My natural waist is -really- high compared to others (maybe a petite thing?), but I think measuring the same place consistently is the most important factor.