Can I still enjoy wine?

Options
Without feeling guilty????

Replies

• mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have 4oz of dry red wine almost every evening and I never feel guilty. Red wine is heart healthy!
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wine is good for your heart and arteries when you limit yourself to a glass a day.

As long as you count the calories (because alcohol DOES have cals, lol) then you're fine.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy a few glasses tonight, probably a whole bottle. Tomorrow, I will wake up and start a brand new day and not worry too much about it. There is no reason for deprivation unless it's making you back slide :)
  • valentinewolfe
    Options
    I say yes, as long as you can control how much you drink. For me, the more I have the more okay I am with having just a little more, so maybe it depends on your willpower.
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    I LOVE wine, but while im eating really clean I avoid it. I notice that I get the munchies when I drink, and thats no good.
  • sharrrina
    sharrrina Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Of course! I make room for my beer/wine in my calories! Right, no reason to deprive yourself, I think it sets one up for failure. Just my opinion!
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, just make sure you count it in your daily calories.
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It is about "living". If enjoying a glass of wine is your thing, then by all means, incorporate it into your plan, daily weekly or however you feel you need to. I Do and I have lost 13 lbs in this month by doing just that. This is about you and YOUR plan.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    no - you can never drink wine again. Give it all to me.
    j/k actually wine has less calories than a mixed drink. A whole bottle of champagne is about 500 cals
    cheers!
  • MelissaJ20
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy a few glasses tonight, probably a whole bottle. Tomorrow, I will wake up and start a brand new day and not worry too much about it. There is no reason for deprivation unless it's making you back slide :)

I AGREE! :)
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I continue to enjoy a glass or two every single evening.
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    No. there is no room for wine in a diet. also, no chocolate, no pie, no cake, no cookies, no pizza, no donuts, no beer, no margaritas, no vacations, no birthdays, no anniversaries... ok, so i'm being a smarta$$, it's just my personality. first, this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. once we hit our goal weights, it's not like we're going to go back to the way we were because if we do we'll go back to the weigh we were. ANYTHING is allowed within moderation. I'm going to keep living each day, making better choices, exercising and LIVING. Yes, i'll have a glass of wine, chocolate, pie, cake, cookies, pizza, donuts, beer, margaritas and yes i'll take vacations and celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. Just not all on the same day at the same meal. :-) Moderation. It's the choices you make, make them wisely, but LIVE!
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    of course you can....I will still drink my wine as long as I don't go over my amount of calories .....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Never feel guilt over food. No matter what you consume. You'll just poop and pee it out in a few hours. Nothing to feel guilty about.

Save that emotion for times that really deserve it... like accidentally running over a squirrel.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    No. there is no room for wine in a diet. also, no chocolate, no pie, no cake, no cookies, no pizza, no donuts, no beer, no margaritas, no vacations, no birthdays, no anniversaries... ok, so i'm being a smarta$$, it's just my personality. first, this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. once we hit our goal weights, it's not like we're going to go back to the way we were because if we do we'll go back to the weigh we were. ANYTHING is allowed within moderation. I'm going to keep living each day, making better choices, exercising and LIVING. Yes, i'll have a glass of wine, chocolate, pie, cake, cookies, pizza, donuts, beer, margaritas and yes i'll take vacations and celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. Just not all on the same day at the same meal. :-) Moderation. It's the choices you make, make them wisely, but LIVE!

PREACH IT GIRL
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yep, drink up. just get a great workout in before and after and eat right with it, youll be fine :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yep I do :)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you are old enought to drink, then you can have a glass, bottle, case. If you are not old enough, then NO.
  • Msolberg926
    Msolberg926 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Loved all your responses. Thanks friends!!