How to lose 20lbs VERY QUICKLY......

Options
weigh on a bathroom mat :tongue:

I was almost heartbroken when i discovered that weighing on my bathroom mat made me 20lbs lighter :noway: So, for the past 2 or so years i thought i had lost 105lbs in total. But the truth was i had lost about 85lbs....I know,still great but DANG, what a blow to take:ohwell:

Im not sure why I was weighing on a bathroom mat to begin with? what a dummy:glasses:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that is annoying to realize. But hey, 85 IS still great, and the number of pounds lost doesn't change the fact that you still look and feel as great as you do, right?

Yeah I discovered in my old apartment that weighing on the hardwood floor and the laminate floor gave different results. To be sure right now, I make sure to put the scale on the same square of tiles every time I weigh in, just to be sure I am being consistent and acurate:laugh:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Ugh, that is annoying to realize. But hey, 85 IS still great, and the number of pounds lost doesn't change the fact that you still look and feel as great as you do, right?

Yeah I discovered in my old apartment that weighing on the hardwood floor and the laminate floor gave different results. To be sure right now, I make sure to put the scale on the same square of tiles every time I weigh in, just to be sure I am being consistent and acurate:laugh:

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I too make sure to put the scale on the same exact floor tile in the bathroom floor....i even marked it with a small piece of tape:bigsmile:

thanks for responding...there had been 85views and i was beginning to feel like an idiot:embarassed:
  • helenwood101
    Options
    I found out mine was different on the wooden floor and the rug.
    Which one is right?
    Or should I not worry about which is right but just use the same place each time.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I had a similar thing happen. Apparently my digital scale needs to ‘calibrate’ or something because it gives the wrong weight the first time you get on it! It took me until 2 weeks ago to figure this out. I would step on and it would be a terrible number and I would get so discouraged. Then finally last week I didn’t believe it so I stepped on it again and it was 5 lbs lower! I got on it 4 more times and it gave the second weight each time….:noway:
  • snarf1234
    snarf1234 Posts: 19
    Options
    You are an inspiration! And I know a lot of people that weigh themselves on carpet... which also makes a big difference on the scale. So.... what is your plan now? You've done what most people dream of doing in losing all that weight... but still - I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to have an inaccurate scale reading when you've worked soooo hard!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I know my scale weighs 2-3 lbs light, i could adjust it but I like seeing it that way even though i know it. :happy: Kinda like setting your clock a few minutes faster so you won't be late, my husband hates when i do this. :ohwell:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    well here is the big question first time you weighted your self did you weight on the bathroom mat? cause if so you have still lost 105 pounds you just weighted more at the time than you though lol :)
  • punka274
    Options
    well here is the big question first time you weighted your self did you weight on the bathroom mat? cause if so you have still lost 105 pounds you just weighted more at the time than you though lol :)

Man,i wish i new the answer? I can't remember where i weighed at the first time:sick: Since having kids my memory is all but gone:ohwell: (along with my sanity:wink::laugh: )
  • punka274
    Options
    You are an inspiration! And I know a lot of people that weigh themselves on carpet... which also makes a big difference on the scale. So.... what is your plan now? You've done what most people dream of doing in losing all that weight... but still - I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to have an inaccurate scale reading when you've worked soooo hard!

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: That is so sweet,thank you!! :smile: i plan to keep going, im still struggling with the last bit of weight but at the same time,im seeing results in the mirror with my weight lifting.

thanks agian:smile:
  • punka274
    Options
    I found out mine was different on the wooden floor and the rug.
    Which one is right?
    Or should I not worry about which is right but just use the same place each time.

Im not sure? If the difference isn't too big than go with the lighter one:bigsmile: As long as you weigh at the same time & same place everyday...im thinking it should give you an accurate reading ?

ETA- I weigh in every saturday,thats the one that counts for me ! When i peek at the scale during the week,it will flactuate so i don't give those reading much thought:smile:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I wasn't aware that the surface underneath you affected the weight that appears on the scale. I'm going to test it in various locations of my apartment to see what weights it says.
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We used to have two scales, one downstairs and one up, and I always used the one up. One time out of curiosity I used the one downstairs--I was five pounds heavier! No matter the weight I gained or lost, the one downstairs was always five pounds different. So, needless to say, I preferred the one upstairs.:laugh:

Now all the scales are on a closet shelf. Much better.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    But if you've been weighing the same way the whole time, wouldn't your start weight have been scaled to the reduced number also...meaning your start weight was off too and you could have really lost the 105...
  • punka274
    Options
    good point....well,maybe i did lose 105lbs:happy: anyhoot...i know ive lost alteast 85:wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    hey now...if you were always weighing on the bathroom mat from even before you began mfp, then it shouldn't have made a difference.

edit: ps. good job!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    your hot:wink:

:happy:
  • punka274
    Options
    your hot:wink:

:happy:

Well hey there! Your a hottie too:wink:
  • punka274
    Options
    hey now...if you were always weighing on the bathroom mat from even before you began mfp, then it shouldn't have made a difference.

edit: ps. good job!!!

Thanks! The thing is...i can't remember if I have always used the matt to weigh on? I started this weightloss journey about 4yrs ago, and my memory isn't the best these days! I have food diaries dated back in the summer of 05' but they don't mention if I used a bathroom matt to weigh on:ohwell: