Any "Holy Crap" eaters?

Options
At bootcamp the other day..I was told about "Holy Crap" for breakfast on those morning workout days. It wasn't until recently that I could stomach hot mushy oatmeal. Looking for some feedback on different ways to prepare this.
Also, do you find a difference in your energy level?

Thanks
Goaliema

Replies

• DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't let it get soggy! I pour 2tbsp into my yogurt, stir and eat right away. I like it when it's still crunchy.

I'm friendly with the couple who make Holy Crap, and work for the company who supplies them with their ingredients. I have 6 bags in my pantry right now! Yum yum!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have 6 bags in my pantry right now! Yum yum!

Is there many different flavours...I only seen one on the shelf....which a lot of times is sold out.

Thanks
    Goaliema
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There aren't different flavours, they have 2 blends - The regular Holy Crap, and Skinny B, which has no fruit, so no sugar.
    I have 6 bags because they sent me a case as a gift. Lovely people!

You can order it from them direct, I'm not sure if it's cheaper than the store, but I think you have to order 3 minimum? Check out their website. www.holycrap.ca
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm missing something. 130 calories in 2 tablespoons? OMG! What are the benefits?
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i never ate breakfast before unless it was like four in the morning and i was all sloshed up ..then it was a very high caloried, high fat ,greasy breakfast... now i eat oatmeal .. yes it helps big time ..ive lost 80lbs eating breakfast and my cholesterol level has dropped a lot . ive grown accustomed to eating plain oatmeal with just cinnamon on it . i dont add sugar or milk. its almost like a bread to me now . i eat it because it is good for me and yes it fills me and i dont get hungry so much as when i have the oatmeal. i also have a protein with it .sometimes i put in a scoop of protein in the oatmeal and that makes it creamier ..sometimes i just have egg whites on the side . you can always add fruit too .some folks like apples,craisins or banana in theirs

im totally not a breakfast person so what i eat for breakfast is out of duty to be healthy and thats about it
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought it and just mixed it with Greek Yogurt in the morning for a snack. It's so expensive that I only bought it once. Now I make my own blend at home with similar ingredients for a fraction of the cost.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me what it is?
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You can order it from them direct, I'm not sure if it's cheaper than the store, but I think you have to order 3 minimum? Check out their website. www.holycrap.ca
    Sadly it isn't sold in the US except by mail order. I'd love to try it, but I can't risk buying that much and then discovering it's something I react badly to. Maybe if I contact them they will send samples.
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW I had to look this up. I have NEVER heard of "holy crap" lol Thinking I might stick to my protein shake for breakfast and if I need a little extra I will eat my egg whites with salsa. Do not think I would enjoy the taste of holy crap. lol
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    what is it?
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    It's a breakfast cereal, appropriately titled.
  • goaliema
    Options
    Thanks to the people who answered here and to the ones who sent me messages. I haven't yet tried it in yogurt...but have in oatmeal with apples. Not toooooo bad... On those bootcamp mornings when I have oatmeal and holy crap.....my energy level is more intense. (mind...you I have also cut back to a half a cup of coffee on those days as well.)

Thanks again!
    Goaliema
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    At bootcamp the other day..I was told about "Holy Crap" for breakfast on those morning workout days. It wasn't until recently that I could stomach hot mushy oatmeal. Looking for some feedback on different ways to prepare this.

Thanks
    Goaliema

I eat oatmeal every morning! Is that you were told..that oatmeal is Holy Crap? lol
    Actually...oatmeal mixed with prepared protein shake instead of milk is how I eat it! It's one of the best foods you can fuel your body with!
  • goaliema
    Options

Thanks
    Goaliema

I eat oatmeal every morning! Is that you were told..that oatmeal is Holy Crap? lol
    Actually...oatmeal mixed with prepared protein shake instead of milk is how I eat it! It's one of the best foods you can fuel your body with!

...lol...no...I meant...in my oatmeal..I also put in two tablespoons of holy crap. I have tried several times to eat oatmeal before...but just couldn't do it....until bootcamp...especially after the first butt kickin' day...lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm up here in Calgary working and saw some of this in the refrigerator. Since it was someone else's I didn't try it, but decided to check it out. I ordered some along with the Skinny B. It is quite expensive, but should last a long time. Now I just have to wait for it to be delivered. I'm trying to eat better, really!