P90X

Options
Hi, would someone please explain to me what P90X is (in detail). I keep hearing about it but cant find a thorough explaination of it. Thank YOU!

Replies

• staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    For a detailed explanation, check out beachbody.com. :wink:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    For a detailed explanation, check out beachbody.com. :wink:

That's the best advice. To explain it would take a lot of time.

The premise behind the workouts are based on muscle confusion. On non-weight training days it includes plyometrics (jump training), yoga and Kenpo (martial arts type moves).

It's intense but well worth it.
  • roccopico
    roccopico Posts: 28
    Options
    A brief description:
    It comes with a full set of DVDs that you will interchange.
    It consists of 6 workouts a week that will trade up with new workouts about every 3 weeks. It comes with a great meal plan that has either pre-planned meals or if you are like me, how many of each food group you need in a day based on your size.
    The only equipment you need is dumbells and a pull up bar. If you don't have a pull up bar you can use power bands that you can either get from beach body or buy at Target or a sports store.

The workouts are intense but they let you know what you can do to modify and make it your pace.

All in all it is awesome and you will be doing pushups etc that you never thought you could do.

Keep in mind it is not a weight loss program but weight loss is an inevitable outcome as your body burns fat and builds muscle.
    You don't have to worry about getting bulky either, they show you how to do things to get lean shapely muscles too.