No Snacking Challenge!

Options
After reading up a bit and reviewing my diary to see why I keep going over lately, I've decided to quit snacking between meals! My plan is to eat a planned, well portioned meal around 300 to 450 cal every 4 hours 3 times a day and NO SNACKING. Would anyone like to join? I'm starting tomorrow, challenge myself for one week to start!

Replies

• tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yikes! No way I could do that, I live for my snacks,! they are the bright spots of my day and my motivation to exercise, lol.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck with your plan!!! But I know me and I have snacks worked into my day and so far so good!

This is a lifestyle change for me and depriving myself just will not work!!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Nope, I need fuel throughout the day. Gotta have my snacks!
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm under strict orders to not skip snacks! Not eating throughout the day was what contributed to my gaining 40 pounds!
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this! When I review my food diary, I always have 500+ calories of snacking between my 3 meals a day. Also, I don't snack because I'm hungry, I snack because I'm bored or just grazing. So, I'll definately give this a try!
  • ashiyo
    ashiyo Posts: 23
    Options
    i'm doing something similar, my biggest snacking challenge is at work. i am going to swear off donuts/donut holes til the end of the month, and hope by then i don't even have a craving for one. it's just so hard to resist snacking on them while i make them sometimes. D: stupid donuts!
  • Brittfig08
    Options
    That's what I've been doing! No snacks. I am apart of a health program at work and the nutritionist was actually sharing how snacks spike you metabolism and cause those cravings. If you are sticking to well rounded, filling meals, you should be able to make it 3-4 hours between meals.

Also in the digestion process, if you eat something, then an hour- 1 1/2 latter eat something again, it stops the digestion process of the first food to start breaking down the second food, causing it to sit in your stomach longer.

So, I'm game!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I consider my healthy snacks as part of my eating plan. No way I could eliminate them. If it helps control your snack eating, then I wish you the best. I havent seen your diary so I have no idea what types of snacks you usually consume. Maybe reconsider the types of snacks you are having if you are seeing them as a "red zone" for you. But I know me and I'll start clock watching just waiting for the next meal to come around. Now when I feel like a snack I have it and it's all on my "good food list'. Also my nutritionist recommended snacks to keep from binge eating. But whatever works for you, go for it!
  • harliquinnraver
    Options
    my doctor and nutritionist urge me to eat 3 meals AND 2 snacks a day. snacks arent bad! youre more likely to make bad decisions or overeat when youre hungry and snacks ward off hunger between meals. :)

when it comes to snacks, you just need to make good choices. ;)
  • Nooreen724
    Options
    I eat so many of my calories because of snacking! I am so down for this..the only thing I will snack on are fruits and veggies...I can do it!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    For some people, snacking works. For others, it does not. No one person is the same as any other. As long as you are not getting hungry and are meeting your calorie and nutrient needs, then do what works for you. I personally do not always snack because I am just not hungry between meals. I also enjoy a good sized dinner so I am not hungry often at night. That is what works for me. It might not work for someone else though.