Fat

Options
Anyone know why I am way under on my calories but way way over on my fat and how bad is that?

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Anyone know why I am way under on my calories but way way over on my fat and how bad is that?

Can't see diary.

attachment.php?attachmentid=514028&d=1303492303
  • brandonrdn
    Options

Can't see diary.

attachment.php?attachmentid=514028&d=1303492303
    LMAO that pic is hilarious. But he's right, no way for people to see what you're eating if your profile is private.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    The obvious answer is your diet contains a fairly high percentage of fat. It's really that simple. Eat more carbs and proteins, less fat, and you'll balance out the diet so that you hit your calorie goals without going over on one of your macro nutrients while being under on the others.

As to the second part of your question... is it bad? Usually not. 1 gram of fat contains 9 calories. 1 gram of protein or carbohydrates contains 4 calories. Fats get a bad rap because they're higher in calories per gram than the other nutrients and because they're linked to cardiovascular disease in some studies. If your triglycerides and/or cholesterol levels are high and if you're genetically wired so that dietary fats and cholesterols effect your blood fat and cholesterol... they you shouldn't be eating fat. Otherwise, as long as you are under on your calorie goals, and as long as you're not eating insanely high amounts of fat, you should be fine.
  • Kcohn65
    Options
    Thank you...that was helpful.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My fat on some days is higher than it should be, but I don't overly worry as it comes from fish and/or nuts. These both provide "good" fat, that the body needs., not the saturated variety!