Interesting...

Options
So the past two days (weekend for me) I have been super busy, and havent been able to eat or excersise the way I would like.
It was my Dad and Neices birthdays over this weekend and ofcourse there was celebatory cake, i had mostly salad for one of their meals as it was an option, but for the other they had chinese food .. so i tried to stick mainly to the rice with small portions of the dishes , plus cake again. getting home at wee hours in th morning from both of the celebrations I havent been to the gym,...
Yesterday I found my motivation very low, although I had to do pleanty , so I wasnt sitting around just binging, I did eat a whole bunch of food that I shouldnt in order to loose the kind of weight I need to (i.e icecream etc).

But today I was determined to get back on track and had a healthy breakfast, then got straight in and mowed my massive lawn (it takes around 2 hours) with the push mower, ofcourse i worked up a sweat , guzzled loads of water as it is quite warm today and now I feel completely motivated again after I have excersised to resume my routine and move forward from the last couple of days.

I know I probably wont of lost anything this week when I weigh in a little later, despite the good week I was having prior to the last couple of days, but I certainly didnt binge to the point of putting on weight.

Just interested to know if anyone else gets this - Lack of Excersise = Lack of motivation to carry on.

I just thought this was an interesting point.

Replies

• kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's true! It's like you feel some kind of momentum, even when it's negative momentum. Just got to wake up tomorrow ready to kick some butt. You can do it, turn it back around! :)
  • ashiyo
    ashiyo Posts: 23
    Options
    It's strange how much energy and motivation exercising gives us. I always feel great after I do something, even if I am disdainful of doing it in the first place. :) And as long as we stick with it, it's okay to slip up sometimes. But I am most certainly not going to let go of the hard work I've started!
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh im quite motivated, ive eaten well all day today and drank pleanty of water, Ive been active all day today and will go to the gym this evening. I havent lost the hunger to keep going - I just thought it was interesting how something that I originally had to push myself to do, motivated me so much.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I don't work out I find it harder to stay on track. Exercise to me is actually my release from stress like alcohol or smoking is to some people (or even eating). I have found a way to channel my negative energy into working out!
  • brandonrdn
    Options
    Exactly the reason I prefer working out in the morning. After working out I tend to eat better the rest of the day since I'm already in a good mood from the workout. If I can't workout I'm usually in a bad mood the rest of the day. Even if I don't feel like going to the gym I'll drag myself there and afterwards I feel a lot better.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Exactly the reason I prefer working out in the morning. After working out I tend to eat better the rest of the day since I'm already in a good mood from the workout. If I can't workout I'm usually in a bad mood the rest of the day. Even if I don't feel like going to the gym I'll drag myself there and afterwards I feel a lot better.

I agree =)