"Burning" C-section scar after Ab workout

I went to my first pilates class today. While doing some leg raises my lower abdomen got really sore (as expected). The weird part was that my c-section scar started to feel weird. Almost like it was "burning". This was probably the hardest I've worked my lower abdomen since having my daughter. It's been 3 years since I've had my daughter and have really slacked on the ab workouts. Should I be concerned about this? Had anyone else experienced something similar?

Replies

• I've had four c-sections and unfortunately don't feel a thing in my lower abs. After almost a month of working out, I'm finally feeling a bit of something with the ab machine I use. I may be wrong, but it could just be your muscles trying to work again. They don't always know exactly what they cut in there. My sections were 7, 5, 3 years and one almost five months ago. My last one I have a scar from pubic bone to sternum with a total of three surgeries in three days. I have both horizontal and vertical incisions. I personally think it's fairly normal since you haven't worked them much. :-). Hope this helps a little.
  • Bloomsday
    Bloomsday Posts: 66 Member
    I wouldn't worry; it's probably scar tissue being moved around. I never had a c-section, but I've had other surgeries (ankle) and when I run, the scar burns.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    You may have a small adhesion, where the scar attached and the workout is loosening this. I've had 4 c-sections, and noticed this too. It went away after a few days. If it continues, or starts to "really" hurt, by all means check with your Dr.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Thanks for the info everyone. I didn't stop my workout because of the burning. I gelt pretty safe in the class since my regular doctor was in the class too. Lol. Always weird to see your doctor outside of the office. I didn't ask him cause he isn't that kind of doctor!

I'm glad to know this might go away. It was kind of concerning.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    not with a c-section (sans children here) but with old scars from a breast reduction 15+ years ago. when i first started losing weight the scars felt like they were being seared with hot knives. it lasted a few weeks, but hasn't happened since.