I'm new. :)

Options
Hi, my name is Pauline and I'm happy to be here. A friend saw this on the web and sent me the link. She thought I would be interested and she was right. :smile:

I have tracked my food intake for 2 days now and starting the 3rd. It's an eye opener....I have gone over my calories both days, but the second day was way better! :happy: Can you share your food diaries and exercise diaries with members if you wish? Is there something like that on here... a function where members can make their diaries public if they wish?

I should say a little about myself. I'm married to Jay for 16 yrs. We have no children...just never happened, but we love our Maine Coon cat Precious! :smile: She is 16 yrs old....she was given to us 5 yrs ago and she is our "kid". :laugh: I am obese....I have a long way to go to my goal but I'm hoping I can stick to this for the long run. I tend to start programs and then I get in a rut. :frown: I am planning to join our YMCA very soon and start with some arthritis aquafitness and some weight resistance, as I have osteopenia and need to build my bone density. I'm 45 yrs old, soon to be 46 (on Feb.11th) and I'm too young for all these health problems....have diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma and fibromyalgia as well. Sheesh! Too much! I have got to get healthier!!

Anyway, nice to meet you all! :flowerforyou:

Pauline

Replies

• Hsnopi
    Hsnopi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it can be amazing when you realize what you have been eating. You think, "holy crap! that has THAT many calories?"

Keep logging:) Welcome.
  • athearenee
    Options
    Lovely to Meet You...

I'm Athea Renee

Feel free to add me if you wish...

My Fitness Pal and Pals are the Greatest!!

Blessings~
  • workout86
    Options
    im new need inspiration !!
  • kckrahn
    kckrahn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier :)
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline! I'm here for many of the same reasons as you. At 61, I've been "going to diet, eat better, exercise, reduce my cholesterol, lower my blood pressure, you name it I've said it" for the past 20 years!

I have a cousin in her 20's and she recommended MFP to me. She has lost 20 lbs so far. She dedicated her health to a close cousin who lost his life in a car accident just before the holidays and I thought that was an amazing gesture on her part. So I started it myself 16 days ago. Lost 5 lbs. so far. Bike riding 30 minutes 4x a week has done wonders for my blood pressure. I am hoping to get off the meds!

This site actively challenges you to meet your goals. The Facebook approach is great for motivation. I love the way the apps and the site all sync up. I can log my foods on my iPhone or iPad and hop on the computer as well. I have used one other calorie counter and it got very boring. That's all you did was log your food day after day. MFP goes way beyond that. Anyway, I am rambling.

Please [anyone] add me and I will help encourage you daily.

I'm glad you are taking this step to improve your health, Pauline. You won't regret it. You will have good days and bad days. But as my cousin says, "progress not perfection."

15800624.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Grod6690
    Options
    Hi Pauline,

Welcome! Just thought i would let you know if you want to make your diary public you go to the food tab, then settings, and then i think its the 3rd option when you scroll down.

Hope you can find it! Feel free to add me also.

Goodluck :)

Ge
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... my diary is open to view by my friends! Welcome to the site : )
  • bunniehops
    bunniehops Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline, nice to meet you feel free to add me.... we can do it :)
  • Pauline745
    Pauline745 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I appreciate it. :smile: I'm very hopeful that I can do it this time...one baby step at a time!

Pauline :flowerforyou:
  • Trinketona
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal you'll love it here. Very motivational.
  • Pauline745
    Pauline745 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I already do love it here. :smile:

Pauline :flowerforyou: