It is time

Options
After about 1 year of telling myself to start loosing weight, I am finally at that point mentally to really start actively.
Although a year ago I was 120 kg (265 lb) I am now 111 kg (244 lb), mostly due to much less alcohol.
My goal is between 70-75 kg like my weight was 8.5 years ago.
8.5 years ago my life change, semi retired to Thailand and became a couch/computer/bar potato, which brought me to the 120 kg.

About 6 months ago I bought a elliptical trainer and of course hardly (basically not at all) used, YET.

Today I signed up for a gym membership, which also gives several fitness classes.

Tomorrow (Monday) will be my first day, no not today, tomorrow I first have to handle some visa paperwork and after that I can start hurting my "dead" muscles.
I plan to start with just basic cardio (treadmill, rower, bike) to open up the muscles and also, even more important I think, get some air flowing in my lungs, since they are basically "dead" also. The most I have walked in the past 8 years is probably from the sofa to the bathroom.

I plan to keep myself and you all informed of my results. either here on with a blog.

Good luck to you all and of course to myself,

Ron

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I hope you find the motivation you need. Add me if you want a friend who will be honest with you at all times.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    good luck Ron, you will be successful
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Heya bud!
    Add me and let me know if you need specific dietary numbers.
    My calculator fingers are on fire tonight!
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good luck - the life of an ex-pat in Asia is never a good one health wise. Too many beers to be drunk and beautiful women to meet. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need extra motivation.
  • Bitute
    Options
    Good luck Ron! You can do this!