Healthy Egg Salad Recipe

Options
caroldot
caroldot Posts: 388 Member
I've been on a hunt trying to find healthy versions of my favorite things because I'm getting tired of eating same old stuff (I tend to get in ruts). So I found this recipe on a blog. I put into recipe builder as 6 servings (1/3 cup) and the nutritional facts per serving are:

119 cals / 2 carbs / 8g fat / 10g protein (serving size is 1/3 cup)

The only thing I changed was the yogurt to FF. You could also save some cals/fat by using RF or FF mayo.

Egg Salad with Yogurt and Dill Servings: 4-6 servings

8 large eggs, boiled and peeled
1/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (may substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Cut each egg in half and place in food processor bowl. Pulse 10-12 times until eggs are broken up into small pieces, being careful not to overdo it and puree the eggs. (Or, chop the eggs with a knife.) In a separate large bowl, use a fork to whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped eggs and mix lightly with the fork until well combined. (3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 1/3 cup serving.)

Serving suggestions:
--As a sandwich. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad inside a split roll or croissant; or use sandwich bread. Add lettuce or other greens to the sandwich, if desired.
--As a pita. Insert lettuce or other greens inside pita. Fill with 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad.
--As a salad alone. Add a 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad to top of a bed of lettuce or other greens.

Replies

• TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    I love egg salad and this is definitely a great idea for lunch...quick, easy and healthy! Yum! Thanks.!
  • minimae428
    Options
    thanks for the recipe, egg salad is my favorite!
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing!
  • noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    Sounds really good! I was just thinking that some egg salad sounded really good the other day.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I tried it once by just chopping up eggs and adding mustard....but it wasn't very good :).
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my eggs in crispy romaine lettuce wraps - the lettuce becomes the wrap. Try substituting healthy fats like avocado for all or part of the mayo. Enjoy!
  • jessical30
    jessical30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks For sharing!! I need new idea's for lunch and this is perfect!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Veronica__S
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it!
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yum! Thanks for sharing!!! I love egg salad.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I usually do my egg salad with mostly whites and just a little yolk, lowfat hellmans and some sliced olives.............mmmmm delicious and creamy and very low cals.......then add it to either a bagel thin or 40 calorie bread............oh yummm.....have to go and make some today.....lol!:bigsmile:
  • tamnih20
    tamnih20 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! thanks for posting!!
  • cbaughman07
    cbaughman07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will try this but use Dijonnaise in place of mayo cause it is less fat and calories while adding that kick from the mustard, good recipe thanks!! and thanks for the lettuce wrap idea :smile:
  • Pinkerbell1481
    Pinkerbell1481 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I shared this with my readers as well! I love egg salad!
  • twinsmake3
    twinsmake3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! will make a batch this week!
  • SharleenY
    Options
    Bump
  • vernie87wb
    vernie87wb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    mmm I can't wait to try this!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yum, thank you! I've been missing egg salad lately. :)

Instead of dill (although I like dill) I also like to use a bit of curry powder. So yummy.