~ Everybody should know this ....

Options
This is a great source of information ... I find that a lot of people on MFP struggle with making good food choices. I wanted to share this because I found it to be so beneficial ... and hope that everybody gains a little extra knowledge from this article,

I found that I eat 22 of the 25 Super Healthy Foods on a regular basis ... But, I will now look to add Figs, Lychee and Guava to my regimen.

I was super excited to find that two of my favorites made the cut .... Edamame and Dark Chocolate ! WooHoo !

So ... How many can you honestly say you eat on a regular basis ???? This could be the beginning of something wonderful !

Check it out :

http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/25-super-healthy-foods

Enjoy ! I know I did ! :smile:

Replies

• Airlieb
    Airlieb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! :)
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    15 out of 25 and some ideas! BTW What a great weight loss, well done! :-)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    awesome info, thanks. really enjoyed the read and nutritional compounds, will add more to my diet, but it's also nice to know that I'm doing well as well

Thanks again :smile:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm quite impressed to say I got 20 out of 25 there! :)
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm quite impressed to say I got 20 out of 25 there! :)

Well done ! Now try and add those other five ! :wink:
  • OSC_ESD
    Options
    15 out of 25 and some ideas! BTW What a great weight loss, well done! :-)

Thank you ! Now find ways to implement the other ten into your life ... your body will thank you for it ! :happy:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I eat about 15/16 of those although about 4/5 not on as regular a basis as I should. I can't stand the taste of avocado and lychees
  • OSC_ESD
    Options
    I eat about 15/16 of those although about 4/5 not on as regular a basis as I should. I can't stand the taste of avocado and lychees

Do you eat Sushi ???? That is the best way to consume avocado ! Or add it to a veggie delight sub at Subway !

Now about those ... Lychees .... LOL ! I will try to add them to my salads ! What is the myth ... 21 days straight forms a new habit ???? LOL !
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    thanx for sharing!
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I eat about half of these regularly. I'll definitely try to incorporate a few of these. Although I wonder about the milk. I assume since they only talk about calcium and D in it that soy/almond/rice milk that is fortified is just as healthy? And I wonder if almond milk would count as milk and nuts? Lol. It's also good to know that the body absorbs more iron from cooked spinach than raw.
  • carrieann1967
    carrieann1967 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Do you eat Sushi ???? That is the best way to consume avocado ! Or add it to a veggie delight sub at Subway !

Now about those ... Lychees .... LOL ! I will try to add them to my salads ! What is the myth ... 21 days straight forms a new habit ???? LOL !

I think its 30 days to form a habit.

I've copy/pasted all that infor from that article on to a word document and I'm going to print it then pin it on to my fridge. I eat most of them but not all.
  • pinktulip76
    Options
    15 it would be 16 if I could get my hands on some figs.
  • sugarflywithme83
    sugarflywithme83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    11! I should eat more beans. I also should eat more fruit.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    There are some on there i don't eat.. meat, fish, avocado's and figs. But apart from that.. I'm doing pretty well I think.
    I've got a small allergy to beans - so I try and eat just a few at a time, gutting as I love them but sadly my tummy doesn't.
  • mncodergal
    mncodergal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article. I'm 24/25, not bad. But what rock have I been under? Lychee? Sounds more like a yoga pose to me. :) I'll have to look for some and try them out.

My problem is that though I go to a Nutritionist/dietician at an eating disorder clinic, I'm not losing weight. Even she said I shouldn't be having problems. Since I have PCOS she highly recommends me having some sort of insulin resistant test done as she thinks my problem is more biological than psychological. I'm not as nutty as I thought. HaHa (joke there!)

Keep up the fabulous work!! Everyone here is such an inspiration to me to just keep plugging along.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    21 out of 25 not bad at all :bigsmile: