Motivational Sayings!

Options
When I was younger I remember my grandmother saying "Bigger the Snacks, bigger the slacks"

I asked her about this one day her reply was. Never say no to treats, they are what make life sweet. Just make them small ones.

Now that I am a "diet' or Behavior modification. This helps me though those rough days!

Do you have any sayings that you use?

10086220.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• emilywelch28
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinney feels!" :):) everytime i want to cave on my diet, i repeat that until the urge goes away! :)
  • deeva2266
    deeva2266 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A moment on the lips, a month on the hips! Too bad I couldn't remember it when I was gaining all this weight I want to lose
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I keep a picture on my wall that says "The reason I fail is because I give in to what you want now at the cost of what I want in the long run."

But generally I have a saying I say a lot. A lot of people find it a bit depressing and cryptic but it helps me. "We're all gonna die." It just gives me motivation to make my life really amazing and live every day like it's my last.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Nolite te Bastardes Carboremdorem (dont let the the *kitten* grind you down) no matter what you need motivation for this saying works
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    pain is weakness leaving the body !
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sweat is just fat crying.
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sweat is just fat crying.

lol I LOVE this. I am writing this on my hand everyday as a reminder during my workouts ;)

My favorite is "Do or do not. There is no try."- Yoda
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "The ruins of life are built all around us"

Russ
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i like this on e it is very simple- take the word impossible and change it to IM-POSSIBLE
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    i like this on e it is very simple- take the word impossible and change it to IM-POSSIBLE

I like this one. I need it on the wall near where I exercise each day just to remind me.
  • jedw31
    jedw31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    "Every journey begins with a single step"
  • magandaelf
    Options
    "live like a champion or die trying".
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE :heart: motivational quotes! here are a few of my favorites and what they mean for me.

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
    ~William James -- It reminds me that my efforts no matter how big/small are all a step in the right direction so take notice of them and make em count! . :happy:

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
    ~Victor Kiam -- This one reminds me that if I fall that I still have the option of getting back up and moving forward! No matter how many times I fall!! :tongue:

Either you run the day or the day runs you.
    ~Jim Rohn -- Love it because it reminds me that I AM in control of my day, my diet, my life etc. :wink:

If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
    ~Dale Carnegie -- Because it was always the what if's that kept me from the why not just do it and find outs!

One may miss the mark by aiming too high as too low.
    ~Thomas Fuller -- And finally this one that reminds me this is one day at a time one step at a time. If I set myself unrealistic goals I will hurt no one but myself when them goals are not met. And if I don't work to my potential I am just waisting my potential to do better for ME. So like in the first quote no matter what my effort big or small I need to put my effort in and make it count!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    "I will diet 100% today."

This helps me focus on the moment rather than worrying that ate too much yesterday or that I might slip up tomroow.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how slow you go, you're still lapping all the people on the couch.
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is from a line in the skinny songs and I can't remember the authors name

"Objects in the mirror will get smaller (or thinner) than they now appear."

If you haven't heard of the skinny songs look them up and listen to the sample demo, they are cute lyrics and motivational when you need a boost.
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    “Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” ~Charles ****ens
  • flibberdajibbitt
    flibberdajibbitt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've got my favourite one as my profile picture :)
  • casendcq9
    Options
    My favorite ever;

"Not dead, can't quit." - Richard Machowicz
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Why are you going to choose failure when success is an option? Jillian Micheals. Works for me. X