my plan-shopping list

Options
So instead of going around the supermarket and deciding on the spot what to buy, I have complied a list of foods, mostly superfoods, which I am going to buy and THEN afterwards decide what to eat/what meals to make with it. I am a student-if it is in my fridge, i have to eat it as my student budget does not stretch very far! This post is mostly for my own mental satisfaction but feel free to add your list if you have one.

List:
Sweet potato
Butternut squash
Natural yoghurt
berries
apples
garlic
Lean beef (i need more iron)
red pepper
flax seeds
Beans/chickpeas
Brocolli
Tomatoes

Replies

• liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
    almonds
    peanuts
    peanut butter
    more fruits and veggies
    hummus
    pretzels
  • kototo
    kototo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i bought quinoa yesterday and made a mediterranian salad with it... "Pronounced 'keen wah', Quinoa is a frequently neglected and relatively unknown superfood - containing a perfect balance of all eight essential amino acids. It is gluten-free and a great source of protein. Nothing else packs a punch of nutrition quite like quinoa."
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great idea. And looks like a good lis. Consider adding ome dark leafy greens for iron also.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    More grains: quinoa, brown rice :)

Goes a long way for a starving college student. I ate a lot of beans and rice in college. lol :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    just eat the the stuff that spoils quickest first! And Quinoa is awesome. I make fritters out of leftover (slightly past their prime) vegies and a couple eggs.
  • Kali112
    Kali112 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    To add on from my list, here is my rough plan of what i will eat for the next few days

MONDAY
    b-Berries, yoghurt
    l-srambled eggs (1 egg/1 egg white) in wholemeal toasted pitta bread with salad (cucumber, tomato)
    d-shirataki noodles in peanut/seasame dressing, green beans

TUESDAY
    b-oatmeal and cinammon, coffee
    l-srambled eggs (1 egg/1 egg white) in wholemeal toasted pitta bread with salad (cucumber, tomato)
    d-chickpea and roasted vegetables (butternut squash, peppers etc) with dressing

WEDNESDAY
    b-berries, yoghurt
    l--roasted veg in toasted wholemeal pitta with laughing cow lite
    d-alfredo shirataki noodles with salmon cakes

THURSDAY
    b-oatmeal and cinammon, coffee
    l-scrambled eggs (1 egg/1 egg white) in wholemeal pitta bread with salad (cucumber, tomato)
    d-cooking for 4-tbd