I'm tired of weighing more than 200 pounds

Options
So I'm doing something about it!

Hi everyone! A friend just shared with Web site with me and I am so excited to be here!

I'm not just trying to lose weight, but working toward a healthier lifestyle for my whole family. I've started reading Clean Eating magazine, and while it's going to be a long process, that might still incorporate some processed food, there will be much less of that stuff, and much more in terms of lean protein, fruits and vegetables in my home.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• marzenka012192
    Options
    welcome! i was tired of weight 236, and this site is REALLY helpful! good luck!:smile:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    So I'm doing something about it!

Hi everyone! A friend just shared with Web site with me and I am so excited to be here!

I'm not just trying to lose weight, but working toward a healthier lifestyle for my whole family. I've started reading Clean Eating magazine, and while it's going to be a long process, that might still incorporate some processed food, there will be much less of that stuff, and much more in terms of lean protein, fruits and vegetables in my home.

:flowerforyou:
    Good for you!! Welcome - you'll find lots of helpful advice and motivation here. I'm a Clean eater for the most part - I eat very little sugar, white flour or processed foods. I feel tons better because of it. My advise to you is this: Drink lots of water and try to log your food *before* you eat it - so you have the opportunity to "see" it first and you have the chance to possibly change your mind and consume something better for you! It works for me! I've only lost 7 pounds, but I'm losing inches and the scale is bound to catch up at some point!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hey and Welcome!!!!

I am sick of being over 200 as well...that why I decided to do something about it!!
    Good luck with your journey! We CAN do this!! :heart:
  • devines
    devines Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm right there with you sister! I topped out at 206 and decided enough is enough. Here I am, I love this site, it has been extremely helpful and motivating. I lost 7 pounds in the first two weeks!
  • fej011
    fej011 Posts: 2
    Options
    I guess I couldn't have written it better myself!!

I've been reading Oxygen too!!! I love it. I've brought so many magazines I need to subscribe.
    I'm so tired of being over 200 pounds. I've been this heavy since summer of 2004!!! I gained this weight when I was pregnant with my first son and I almost lost all of it but got pregnant again and now my baby will be 3 in October! No more excuses. I stopped nursing almost a year ago. It's time for the weight to go. I've been working on eating clean. And I treat myself sometimes but overall I've been doing great. BUT the weight has been going up instead of down. So, I'm on this site to help me with my eating to see maybe I'm eating too much. I guess too much of a good thing isn't good either! So, we'll see.

I'm glad to have someone else on this journey with me.
  • mickeysever
    mickeysever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! So I'm not alone out there! I do the yo-yo. I lose / then gain. But when I lose, I hit 200 or just barely under and I'm stuck. I gain and lose the same 30 lbs over and over. Should mean I'm good at this, right?

This time will be different I can feel it. I am horribly disappointed in myself for getting back to the point. I know it will take persistance and keeping my head in the game. After a car accident and fighting back injuries I know it will be harder, but I'm going to do it this time!

Saying goodbye to the 2 !
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    you girls can so do it!! just stick to your healthy habits and it will happen before long! :smile: i started at 265lbs less than 5 months ago and as of today i am so under 200 and never getting up there again!!!

just do it!!! and believe in yourself and that your dreams will come true! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,957 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.:bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so here are no surprises.:laugh: :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.
    This site changed my life and it can help to change yours:bigsmile:

Logging my food and looking at the nutrition information helped me move toward a clean eating diet. I found out that with practice I don't need or want caffeine, sugar, white flour, junk food, processed food, or artificial sweeteners.
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    hey,
    welocme.. i also weight over 200 pounds. i joined 2 days ago.. good-luck
  • betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I have it broken down into some smaller goals:
    200 pounds--I will have finally lost all of the baby weight from my 2-year-old
    180 pounds--I will have finally lost all of the baby weight from my 6-year-old
    150 pounds--my final goal
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Hi and Welcome. I am right there with everyone that's posted. Tired of seeing 200+. Wanna see numbers beginning with 1. We can do this. That's what's great about being on MFP... lotsa support!
    Good Luck to all!!!
  • skittlesoup
    skittlesoup Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am also over 200lbs. This is the HEAVIEST I have been (without a baby in my belly). I was so sad to see the scale hit the 200 mark.
    Just a year ago, I was 170 :(
    I am back and I am going to do this slowly but surely. I agree with a PP that you should log your food before you eat it. If you see how many calories something is prior to eating it, you are less likely to put in your mouth. My morning breakfast used to be a 12 grain bagel with PB. I couldn't believe how many calories I was "wasting". Now, I have Guardian cereal with skim milk. Fills me up and it's about half the calories!
    Welcome to MFP!! It ROCKS! :bigsmile: