Down 82 pounds

jbpretty
jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
Hi everyone! I'm having a little trouble losing that last 10ish pounds so I thought it might help to change my profile picture and write down how far I've come.

1. Well, 82 pounds gone!
2. I fit size 4-6 clothes where as before I was creeping into the plus sizes.
3. I like the way I look...before I hated the way I looked.
4. I'm not the fat one at family gatherings anymore.
5. I get checked out (my husband checks me out more too).
6. I have more self-confidence.
7. I can run faster.
8. If I'm cold at a friend's house, I can borrow a sweater and it'll fit.
9. I don't hate having my picture taken.
10. I don't care if people look at me.
11. I have an *kitten*.
12. People don't always recognize me, and I like that.
13. I can shop where I want.
14. I make my kids proud.
15. I feel amazing!
16. Sex is better.
17. I am healthier.
18. I am stronger.
19. I have met some great people on my journey.
20. I got a job related to this, because of this.

I'm sure there's more but this is what I can think of right now. I am feeling very impatient and discouraged but even writing these things down has helped. Thanks for sharing this with me. :) Jamie

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Sweetheart I know EXACTLY how you feel.

For me I'm almost there too. And I'm beginning to think that even when I do hit my final goal I'm still gonna think I'm fat. I know I'm a lot thinner, I know that. But I still don't have a flat stomach and I'm beginning to think I never will.

So many points you listed describe me as well. And why didn't someone tell me it would be this COLD!?! I used to be the last one to start wearing a coat in the winter. Now I'm chilly sitting in the office. I'm not exactly loving that.

I suppose I could do what I've been doing. Hit my goal and set another one. But I think I'm done. 180 is a weight I didn't think I would ever be. I haven't weighed this little since I was a kid.

So how about you and I forget about all the frustration and impatience and just start really enjoying our success? I promise I will if you do.

Thanks for this. It helped.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Lots of things to look forward to for me!! :) Thank you for posting, and congrats on all of the biggest change of all in your life - making YOU healthy - and look at all that it has changed for you!

Very inspiring!
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Brett, wow you said everything I didn't and I am FREEZING all the time! It's like you could read my mind. :) Thanks. Okay, we really should enjoy this... I know, I'll work on that. Thanks, again. I hope you can too. :)

Elizabeth, thanks. :)
  • Rayman233
    Rayman233 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm very impressed ! You'll get to your goal . You've come a long way and done a fantastic job. AND besides you already look fantastic so......... LOL Wish my daughter would do the same but she's just not ready yet. Keep up the good work .
  • Congratulations! Great Job!
  • Hi everyone! I'm having a little trouble losing that last 10ish pounds so I thought it might help to change my profile picture and write down how far I've come.

1. Well, 82 pounds gone!
    2. I fit size 4-6 clothes where as before I was creeping into the plus sizes.
    3. I like the way I look...before I hated the way I looked.
    4. I'm not the fat one at family gatherings anymore.
    5. I get checked out (my husband checks me out more too).
    6. I have more self-confidence.
    7. I can run faster.
    8. If I'm cold at a friend's house, I can borrow a sweater and it'll fit.
    9. I don't hate having my picture taken.
    10. I don't care if people look at me.
    11. I have an *kitten*.
    12. People don't always recognize me, and I like that.
    13. I can shop where I want.
    14. I make my kids proud.
    15. I feel amazing!
    16. Sex is better.
    17. I am healthier.
    18. I am stronger.
    19. I have met some great people on my journey.
    20. I got a job related to this, because of this.

I'm sure there's more but this is what I can think of right now. I am feeling very impatient and discouraged but even writing these things down has helped. Thanks for sharing this with me. :) Jamie

WAY TO GO!!! I am also in that last 10 lbs. Found this article, it may or may not have something that can help you.

http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles/weight-loss/10-pounds-to-lose.asp
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to post. It is very encouraging and inspiring! You rock!
  • Congratulations! You'll get there, you know you will as you've come this far. There are always hurdles along the way. I'm sure you've already crossed a few...this one is just one more. Patience and more patience....it will come. The alternative is much worse.

I've dropped 70 since Sep '10 and have another 90 to go. I'm enjoying the journey, that's what's important. :smile:

4968998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I like your list. Thank ou for the inspiration.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Your are amazing so pleased for you i cant wait until i feel like that
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Thats amazing! you've really come a long way and its great that you did this for yourself and your family! rock on!
  • Congratulations!!!! Well Done!!!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    I'm with you there too! You have achieved so much - so firstly 'congratulations'!! :flowerforyou:

Now, let's get going and kick these last few pounds away!! x

Good luck!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Sweetheart I know EXACTLY how you feel.

For me I'm almost there too. And I'm beginning to think that even when I do hit my final goal I'm still gonna think I'm fat. I know I'm a lot thinner, I know that. But I still don't have a flat stomach and I'm beginning to think I never will.

So many points you listed describe me as well. And why didn't someone tell me it would be this COLD!?! I used to be the last one to start wearing a coat in the winter. Now I'm chilly sitting in the office. I'm not exactly loving that.

I suppose I could do what I've been doing. Hit my goal and set another one. But I think I'm done. 180 is a weight I didn't think I would ever be. I haven't weighed this little since I was a kid.

So how about you and I forget about all the frustration and impatience and just start really enjoying our success? I promise I will if you do.

Thanks for this. It helped.

OMG - this could have been written by me! I can relate to everything you have said! Especially the COLD!! I am now permanently shivering!!

Good luck with your last few pounds! :drinker:
  • I love love LOVE reading success stories. You are such an inspiration. Enjoy life and the successes you've already had and keep plugging away. Those last 10 pounds will come off eventually!
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    That's such a big success! Congrats!!! It's so lovely to read things like that.
  • doy97
    doy97 Posts: 6
    Your post and your list was very inspiring to me today, and this is a day I needed some inspiration! So thank you! I put on 60 lbs when I had my daughter (thats not counting actual weight of baby lol). So far I've lost 20 lbs, the most recent 7 of which I've lost since joining MFP. But I get discouraged because I've had a lot of "false starts" in this weightloss adventure and this time I really want to keep going and reach my goal. If I follow my MFP plan, I should reach my goal by late summer, but that just seems such a long time. I do feel better already and friends have said I look better...and I can see it myself. I just have to remind myself daily to keep going. :) But you have done SO well, and you have come SO far!! Your story was just what I needed to hear today...you will definately meet your goal...don't be discouraged...just think about how far you have come and be glad you aren't way back at the beginning of your journey, you are at the end. :) Thanks again for the inspiring words today!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    I loved reading your successes. Congrats on your accomplishments. Best of luck to you on those last 10 lbs. I know you will do great! :flowerforyou:
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Congrats, thanks for being an inspiration!!! BTW....your split screen picture is great!!!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566 Member
    All i can say is enjoy it!

When i was in my 20's i looked good. Young, vibrant, great skin, beautiful. Did i think so then? No

When i was in my early 30's i was around 119. Still young, vibrant, slightly smarter. I looked great. Did i appreciate it, did i think i was beautiful? No.

I look back a pictures and think...wow, i was a hottie, too bad i did not know it then. Why can't we ever appreciate and love ourselves?

Fast forward 10 years, i took a desk job and about 5 years later i realized i had put on about 40 lbs (how the heck did that happen??). Feeling even worse than ever.

Now (at 46) i am working at changing my lifestyle and watching what goes in my mouth along with daily exercise. Will i ever be 119 again? Probably not (but who knows), will i ever have a flat stomach? Again probably not. But it is ok, i am going to love myself this time around. I am going to enjoy it!! I think i better because when i am in my 50's i will probably look back at my 40's and think...i looked good. If only i could look like that again.

You work hard to be the person you are right now. Try to appreciate and love yourself right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!