Question please answer! :)

Options
Why does my legs itch after I walk or run outside? Is it the clothing? Is it the pollution in the aire? What is it? Does this happen to you?

Replies

• InsaneChic85
    InsaneChic85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YES when I have dry skin and sweat, it makes them itch. That could be it...try adding some lotion on before you workout
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Yep same as above ^^^ before and after should be perfect, well after you've showered of course, goes without saying I guess, but its too late now cus I've said it.
  • beverlyl64
    Options
    Avoid using lotions, they contain alcohol which makes dry skin worse. Try Vaseline or baby oil instead.
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I haven't warmed up well this happens. Really happened a lot when I first began exercising. It gets better. Best not to scratch it, doesn't it feel like it gets worse? Lol
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It seems to happen to me when it's really cold or really dry outside. I find it goes away pretty quickly after, for me anyway.
  • TheYankeeBelle
    Options
    It's your skin producing histamine. The blood circulation increases and comes to the most upper layer of skin, which causes the itchiness. Lotion will help, but an emoilient product would be even better, especially if your legs are bare. I use lotion then smear on Aquaphor. But only on the fronts of my thighs....don't let it get between your thighs or you'll get too much friction.

I know others who swear by Bodyglide.

8586571.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    It's your skin producing histamine. The blood circulation increases and comes to the most upper layer of skin, which causes the itchiness.

THAT'S SO COOL! :D