Cereal as a snack?

Options
Ok this maybe a dumb question :ohwell: But how bad is just having plain cereal for a snack, I just bought Froot Loops to eat without milk as a snack, is it too much sugar? Or am I fine as long as I am in my calories?
Opinions? :happy:

Replies

• nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    froot loops are packed with preservatives, artificial colors, and a lot of sugar. it's just empty carbs. If you're gonna eat cereal, get a good healthy brand. Cheerios are good--cheap, and only like 100 or 90 cals for a cup. I also like bran flakes. Something without added sugar. Or if you like a little sweetness, Quaker Oat Squares are good and healthy. No froot loops though!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    if your within your calories, and it satisfies a craving for something sweet, go for it. There's worse things out there. I wouldn't eat a whole box or anything though.
  • KLK1986
    Options
    I eat cereal as a snack, but usually stick with:

Special K Cinnamon Pecan
    Special K Protein Plus

or the new Peanut Butter Multigrain Cheerios!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Froot Loops aren't a particularly healthy choice - tons of sugar and not a lot of nutrition (besides the added vitamins). You'd be better off with a healthier cereal with some added fruit. But as long as it fits into your calorie goals and macros, it's not the end of the world.
  • blueberrybagel
    Options
    I snack on Honey Nut Cheerios all day, every day...I probably eat about 1 1/2 to 2 cups a day.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I often drop in extra bowls of porridge if I'm hungry. Cereal doesn't fill me though, cheerios are one of the healthier ones I think also if you want to do that x
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It may not be the healthiest choice out there but if it fits within your calorie budget and that's what you want then have some Froot Loops. Better to do that then to be wanting Froot Loops and have something else instead that doesn't satisfy your wants and then end up having the Froot Loops on top of the something else.
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    nestle cheerios are only 110 cals for 30g get loads for that, so much better than fruit loops

15348747.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Shimmeringblue
    Options
    Thank you for all your opinons, I wouldn't have it as a daily snack, maybe once a week. I knew it wasn't a great choice but I wasn't sure if it would do more harm than good. I will watch my intake with it for sure! :smile:
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Fruit loops are not your best choice, I eat Walmart brand bran flakes with fat free milk yummy
  • apkern
    Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios or Multi-Grain Cheerios are better bets. The multi-grains have a hint of sugar, just enough to touch the crave without going overboard + multi-grain never hurts!
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    Cheerios or Special K.