Question about walking...

Options
I work in the ER, although much of my time is sitting or standing, I would say 3-5 hours of my shift involves walking, moving around pretty quick, of course depends on how busy we are. I haven't been able to get an actual routine to workout yet but would that count for anything? I am not counting it and won't count it because I am not always breaking a sweat, but just wondered if maybe there is a hidden bonus there somewhere? lol

Replies

• arlenepronesti
    Options
    Everyone should walk at least 10,000 steps a day to achieve weight loss so my suggestion is to purchase a pedometer.:smile:
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That should be reflected in your activity level when setting your account up. If it's something you do on a daily basis it shouldn't be counted as extra.
  • Kattaway
    Options
    Hmm, I always put myself as sedentary, no matter what work I do. I guess I just feel setting it at the lowest maybe helps for anything extra over being sedentary. And I like the idea of a pedometer, I could definitely use one of those!! It would be nice to know how much I actually walk.