Thunder.thighs.

Options
I debated on whether to even share this on here, but decided I would. I was asked on Friday how much weight I've lost. I told this person what I've lost and her response was "guess we can't call you thunder thighs anymore!" oh, I'm sorry, you called me thunder thighs!? Whaaaaaaaat! I was not in a place where I could respond the way I wanted to so I simply looked like a deer in headlights. I finally got the lady balls to say something and she said " we, as women, are all in this diet thing together. I thought that would motivate you....you know so WE wouldn't be thunder thighs anymore." I was baffled, angry and just plain upset. She proceeded to keep digging herself into a deeper and deeper hole and ended the conversation with " does this mean I have to watch what I say around you now!?"

....speechless. Ugh!

Replies

• blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What some help disposing of her body???

I used to be called 'Fat Hayley' behind my back until one day my friend slipped up and called me it on the phone. Lovely!
    Its really hurtful but just use it, make yourself more determind that they will not be able to call you that anymore... and while they all sit around eating donuts you can smile smugly to yourself.
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    That is absolutely terrible! No matter how you swing it, saying that to someone is never encouraging! It sounds like this person knew they were doing wrong but was too stubborn to apologise for being so offensive to your face!

At least now you know where you stand with this person...keep doing what you're doing and you'll continue to be looking great! We all support you!!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    violence_solves_problems_trollcat.jpg
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    From when I was about 8 until adulthood, my mother called me "Crisco" because I was such a lard *kitten*.

Needless to say, this, combined with a zillion other things, is why I do not have a relationship with my mother.
  • JAM7791
    JAM7791 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    violence_solves_problems_trollcat.jpg

This....made my day :) ha!
  • JAM7791
    Options
    From when I was about 8 until adulthood, my mother called me "Crisco" because I was such a lard *kitten*.

Needless to say, this, combined with a zillion other things, is why I do not have a relationship with my mother.

Not ok...at all! Keep up the good work!
  • estjames
    Options
    Speaking of people being awkward, a high school friend is currently taking one of my mom's classes at the local community college, which sparked some Facebook threads between us. Then she sent me a private message to give me her number to call her because she "missed our "fatness" haha". This made me WTF her. Granted she does not know I am doing this, but come on, we never talked about us being overweight and regardless of if I was trying to lose weight or not, why would I want to talk about it with you. Needless to say, I did not call or text her because it sounds like it would be a toxic relationship from the start.
  • eyern
    eyern Posts: 9
    Options
    Hurtfull is unmotivating. . . .Period

For folks that can't or won't cheer me on, my weight loss, diet and workouts are not a topic of conversation.

If it were me any other comments from this moron (other than an abject apology) about my loss would be greeted with silence.
  • Graciecny
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. I'd suspect people comment about my weight behind my back (I teach, so students...kwim?), but I think I'd lay someone out who had the gall (and total lack of functioning brain cells) to say something to my face. Honestly, I'd be so p*ssed it would probably motivate me. Maybe that's what I need to keep me going. LOL!

I'd have been tempted to say something like "is the removal of the part of your brain responsible for filtering what comes out of your mouth part of *your* weight loss plan?"
  • JAM7791
    Options
    Speaking of people being awkward, a high school friend is currently taking one of my mom's classes at the local community college, which sparked some Facebook threads between us. Then she sent me a private message to give me her number to call her because she "missed our "fatness" haha". This made me WTF her. Granted she does not know I am doing this, but come on, we never talked about us being overweight and regardless of if I was trying to lose weight or not, why would I want to talk about it with you. Needless to say, I did not call or text her because it sounds like it would be a toxic relationship from the start.

Ohhh laws, stay away from her! Who thinks that's a good idea to say to someone!? I had an old coworker(guy) tell me I was plus size and that I would be " way hotter" if I lost 15 pounds. My response was "when was the last time you got laid?!" ha!
  • JAM7791
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. I'd suspect people comment about my weight behind my back (I teach, so students...kwim?), but I think I'd lay someone out who had the gall (and total lack of functioning brain cells) to say something to my face. Honestly, I'd be so p*ssed it would probably motivate me. Maybe that's what I need to keep me going. LOL!

I'd have been tempted to say something like "is the removal of the part of your brain responsible for filtering what comes out of your mouth part of *your* weight loss plan?"

This same person also told me I need to work out for an hour everyday and that the half hour I'm doing in the morning just won't cut it. How I haven't punched her is beyond me!
  • Graciecny
    Options
    This same person also told me I need to work out for an hour everyday and that the half hour I'm doing in the morning just won't cut it. How I haven't punched her is beyond me!
    I would have cold-cocked her by now. What a bee-yotch! I admire your restraint!
  • coppercat25
    coppercat25 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    She must be an absolute cow!

I would just think or even say, 'Well I can change my weight, but darling, you can't change your nasty insensitive personality.'

You're doing great and anyway, at least this has revealed her true colours, just stay away from people like that! X
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    -slaps her-

There. LOL...