What is you biggest challange to reach your goals?

Options
I want to send out a big "WAY TO GO" to all you working married moms that are taking care of themselves and loosing weight the healthy way. I don't have children at home, my job is flexible (I work for myself) and my husband will eat peanut butter and jelly in a pinch! And I still struggle to make sure I reach my health goals. My biggest challenge is to "just say no". I am driven and feel accomplishment when I can help someone else. It leads me very often to not leave or take time for myself.

Replies

• Kay2405
    Options
    My biggest challenge is willpower. After working all day, then coming home to my one year old, there are days where I can't be bothered to get on the cross trainer! Bad I know. I hate that I do it, and I know I should be more motivated. I want to get fitter so I can enjoy spending time with my little girl without feeling tired and worn out.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is exercise. I'm a girly girl and I don't like to sweat! But I know I have to get over it :tongue:

The next biggest one has been incorporating healthy meals into our normal rotation. I have a husband and two growing boys to feed, and they aren't always thrilled with change. But I figure it's good for all of us! I try to keep some of their favorites and just limit my portion and up the veggies on those meals.
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Eating alot at night. I go all day eating healthy and at night i just ruin everything. I get really hungry at night right before bed.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Wine. I love wine. I loove getting just slightly drunk as it makes me love the world and everyone in it. :-)
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated.

If I'm motivated I can do anything. But sometimes it feels like just one big mind game and I am my own worst enemy.
    I have to beat the too tired, weak, no willpower, no self control side of me down EVERY DAY!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    time management. I get distracted easily, and I work out at home. "Nuff said.
  • kittyninja
    Options
    My biggest challenge is doing this the healthy way without eating disorder relapses.
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    when I am running around taking care of the kids I forget to schedule snacks and then I am starving before I realize, which is when I turn to unhealthy stuff. I have to start packing my snacks and water with me. And also at night, I take Ambien and it makes me really hungry at night. So I bought some fiber bars to have at night, but otherwise I want chips or cookies.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not getting discouraged. Because of how much closer I have gotten to my goal, weight just isn't coming off like it was in the beginning. I push harder, eat better and still not much moves on the scale. I get really frustrated and think about comforting myself with food, but I haven't given in yet...
  • Colleeng63
    Options
    Biggest challenge is that I like working out in a group setting doing something that's challenging and where at the end of the session I'm totally spent, which often means gym membership...which I can't afford right now. I get motivated by being in a group setting being pushed a bit by the instructor. If I could find a local outdoor bootcamp that would fit the bill, been looking for one. I live in Tampa FL.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenges are remembering that no one can lose 100 lbs in a month and that I will plateau. I have to keep that "lose 10 lbs in a week" b.s. from diet commercials out of my brain, because the simple fact is, every loss, no matter how great or how small, is a loss. I also have to remember that even though I hit a plateau, it, like everything else in this universe, is not constant and will change in time. :wink:
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My fiance has to eat a ton of calories just to keep weight ON!!! The cupboard has junkfood, the freezer has pizzas, the fridge has the leftovers from his fast food lunch. It's everywhere!!!
    I also work 7 days a week so I really have to force myself to workout. I wish I could just relax sometimes, but the wedding is in 4 months and the dress fitting is creeping up on me too.
    The fear of the dress not fitting, and the idea of being in a bikini on a beach for our honeymoon is the ONLY thing keeping me motivated.
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eating alot at night. I go all day eating healthy and at night i just ruin everything. I get really hungry at night right before bed.

This happens to me to so I have started keeping a small bowl of “trail mix” on my night stand. It has almonds, shelled sunflower seeds, soy, craisins, and raisins….all unsalted….I find that a hand full of this and a glass of water helps me put just enough in my tummy to not go crazy in the fridge and Im able to fall asleep not hungry.
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Telling myself that I will do tomorrow what I could be doing today. Sadly, I am the queen of making excuses!
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

This happens to me to so I have started keeping a small bowl of “trail mix” on my night stand. It has almonds, shelled sunflower seeds, soy, craisins, and raisins….all unsalted….I find that a hand full of this and a glass of water helps me put just enough in my tummy to not go crazy in the fridge and Im able to fall asleep not hungry.
    Thanks for the advice i will have to try it.