Mindless Eater for Far Too Long

Options
Hi, my nurse told me I had to change or else get full-blown Diabetes. I have been overweight for a long time, topping the scales recently after the high-risk births of my "Irish twins". I have been hiding in my fat shell for far too long eating mindlessly and enough was enough. I have tried ever diet and did not want to get under the knife to lose weight. I love myfitnesspal because it is easy to use and keeps me from mindlessly eating. I started off with a 50lb goal because I know I can do it with support and determination. I have more to loose but taking proactive baby steps are all that matter to me right now. I am still enjoying eating without any crazy plans, just adding fresh veggies and salads with my food and lots of WATER! I am thankful for dessert yogurts and most importantly, Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches. I am not cheating myself but making real life-changing meal choices and portions that are realistic, delicious, and home-made. I was tired of feeling tired, my skin looking bad, not fitting into any huge clothes I already had, and feeling depressed about the way I looked. I was fully ready to change my life.

15408302.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• audraoseguera
    audraoseguera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
    You are an inspiration!
    I love reading others stories.
    It keeps me going!

:flowerforyou:
  • Ydrgn
    Ydrgn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMG its like if I wrote this post. I had been just like u, not bothering to watch what I eat and wondering why I was so fat. MFP has helped me with portion size and healthier food choices and have seen progress over the month that I have been logging in. And ur right baby steps is how this is done the right way and the best way to kept it off when we finally reach our goal. I have family with diabetes on both sides so my chances to get it are that much more. So I would be happy to be ur friend on this long and winding road to our weight loss goal. Good luck because we all need it.
  • Indygal39
    Options
    Thank you Ydrgn and Audrao for your kind comments, need any support and friends I can get! Thank you!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the mindless eating myself. And emotional eating - eating because I'm sad, eating because I'm lonely, eating because I'm happy, and so on. I don't have to worry about diabetes myself, but I'd like to keep it that way! I LOVE skinny cow. They make a treat better for you. Still not an everyday thing, but you can have them without feeling guilty. Good luck!
  • Indygal39
    Options
    Thanks Lizard053! Emotional eating binges highs and lows are my problem too. I have to be careful about snacking the wrong things!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I just got a "behavior modification module" about it from my doctor. It was right there, since I'd just read about it! ;)