exercise while working??

Options
I wanted to ask and see if I can get some suggestions - I have an office job and sit at a desk for 8 hours and I only get 1/2 hour for lunch. Is there anything type of exercise that I can do while I am sitting here???

I do go to karate class 2-3 times a week but wanted to know since I am at work if there is anything. Any help would be greatly apreciated!!

Thanks

51405.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    There's this easy ab exercise that i read about a while ago that i do from time to time.

Just flex your abs for a minute and then take a 30 second break, and repeat. It really burns after a while and it keeps you from feeling like you waisted your entire day at your desk.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    There's this easy ab exercise that i read about a while ago that i do from time to time.

Just flex your abs for a minute and then take a 30 second break, and repeat. It really burns after a while and it keeps you from feeling like you waisted your entire day at your desk.
    "waisted" teehee... you made a pun! :laugh:
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Options
    you can also squeeze your bum (like the ab thing) and that helps to tone the tush!
  • MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    I would also like to know suggestions on this!!!

i sit at a desk all day :sad:
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options

"waisted" teehee... you made a pun! :laugh:

Wow, I didnt even see that.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    About a month ago I started sitting on an excercise ball instead of a chair at work. Not sure how many calories are burned or if it is helping my abs because I do other things as well but it feels good.

someone on here sent me this link before i started using the ball:
    http://www.gearfire.net/10-reasons-to-use-an-exercise-ball-as-your-chair/
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I worked at an office whenever I had to use the bathroom I would go to one on a different floor instead of my floor. Don't know if this is an option or not for you, but with the amount of water I drink, it added up to walking seven or eight flights a day.
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    While sitting, you can also do leg raises

While standing you could do leg squats, lunges, wall pushups

You could triceps exercise (similar to using a bench), bicep curls with office equipment if you don't happen to bring small weights to work (2,3 or 5 lbs)

There are many things you can do depending how open your office setting is.
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I work in an office, too and work on the 8th flr...so i take the stairs up and down each day. I also do the floor down for the bathroom, like mer155 said.
    Also, I walk on my lunch break. I too only have a 1/2 hr for lunch, but i walk around my building for 15 minutes of it...you would be surprised the difference it can make in your afternoon.
    Hope this helps.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    You can also go to youtube and type in Exercing at your desk, you will find many videos that may help :smile:
  • lexi1015
    lexi1015 Posts: 29
    Options
    thank you all so much for the advice!! It is greatly appreciated!!! :bigsmile:
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    About a month ago I started sitting on an excercise ball instead of a chair at work. Not sure how many calories are burned or if it is helping my abs because I do other things as well but it feels good.

someone on here sent me this link before i started using the ball:
    http://www.gearfire.net/10-reasons-to-use-an-exercise-ball-as-your-chair/

There is a guy in the office next door who uses one. I was wondering why he was using it but after reading this article I can see why. I think I am going to get one for myself.