Is there any good recipes that serves for 1?

Options
xashleyx3
xashleyx3 Posts: 4 Member
I am tired of wasting food all the time because their is always left overs. My husband is deployed in Afghanistan so its just me and I don't know any recipes that serves just one!

Replies

• jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Single serve pizza-

1 whole wheat tortilla
    2 TBSP marinara sauce
    1 handful spinach
    2-3 slices fresh mozzerella

any veggies you have lying around- chop them up and throw them on top

Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or until cheese melts and bubbles a bit

:)
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    have you got a freezer? Or try the healthy eating ready meals from Sainsbury's etc, 3 for £5 at the moment, add me as a friend too if you need support x
  • clstrouse
    Options
    I make a good Greek Chicken. Saute 4 ounces of thinly sliced chicken breast, add fresh spinach leaves and red onlons. Top with kalamata olives, feta cheese and pepperoncinis. Low cal and tasty! (Easy for since you can just just a chicken breast or pick up the packages of pre-cooked sliced or diced chicken breast.)
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I just cook for an army and stuff my freezer so I don't have to worry about cooking during the week.
  • xashleyx3
    xashleyx3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one! These recipes sounds really good, I can't wait to try them! @grannyIris I have a freezer but its a tiny freezer that has my chicken and beef and some other things!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ever consider cooking larger amounts and freezing the extras into individual portions?? Think baking up some meatballs using your fav low cal recipie use a nights serving for say pasta and freeze the rest for a quick sandwhich for lunch one day or along side of your fav veggie for dinner another day. Or even just make up the mix and freeze it individually and defrost it on the day you need it. I Get ground beef on sale and mix a batch of "meatloaf mix and preshape everything from meatloaf to hamburgers and meatballs to use for my honey and my daughter since they love their red meat and me and my son not so much. So I end up cooking more than one meal a night, just makes it easier to have atleast the meat pre portioned and seasoned. All I have to do is defrost and cook! :) for me and my son who prefer white meat I will bake a collection of boneless skinless chicken and cut it into bitesized pieces and use over the course of 2 days for things like quesadillas, salad, sandwhiches, stirfrys etc..

Good luck! :)
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I cook for 1 always (unless I'm at work~where I cook for children/families.) What I like to do is cook a few chicken breasts at a time and then they are ready for salads or with rice or veggies ..so cook 1 nite..eat for 2-3 nites.