New, excited and kind of scared :)

Options
I knew eventually I would step on the industrial sized scale at work, displaying for everyone in big red digital numbers the sheer weight of my struggle. Luckily, I stumbled upon it while I was alone and it scared me straight.( I hope) That was 3 weeks and 6 lbs ago.
I stumbled upon MFP too. As I was researching Weight Watchers for the 100th time trying to decide whether or not I could afford the extra monthly cost. I did not expect to find this incredible tool that is changing the way I think and eat for FREE?!

In the 80's and 90's when I was in school the word 'bullying' didn't really exist. But as I've grown older and have school aged children myself I realize that I didn't deserve the taunts and insults I received in school. I simply thought it came with the territory. "I'm overweight, It's my fault that I'm fat, why wouldn't they make fun of me? I deserve it"

I have tried to lose many times with not much success because I didn't have the proper tools. That has resulted in my "support system'' breaking down. They just think I'll mess up again.'' Oh look, she's trying to lose weight again! I wonder how long she will last this time! ha ha ha" This time I am keeping it mostly to myself and to you wonderful motivators on MFP.

I have some minor anxiety issues that keeps me from going out and making new friends (I hope that losing weight will fix this problem) So I am hoping to meet some people here that understand me and support me. In turn I will be sure to offer my words of encouragement and support to you.

I wish everyone a safe and happy journey, thank you for reading my very first post. :)

Kelley.

Replies

• C1aire80
    C1aire80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    good luck with it. the support on this site is fantastic. feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared. I see you are succeeding already. That just shows you can do this. Look around the site. Alot of help and information here. This is not a diet but a way of eating better. Good luck to you, I know you will succeed.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    It's all about you!!! Determine what you really want and don't stop until you get it - be aware yo might stumble along the way but each fall will only make you stronger when you get up again.

You have it completely in you to do this, nothing to be scared about :)
  • kflynn28147
    kflynn28147 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me. I have also had issues with my weight sense to birth of my firet child. He is 50 now. I have lost on to put it back on MFP has helped a lot. It makes you aware of what you eat.
  • ajalcazar
    ajalcazar Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You don't have to struggle through this alone. I just started yesterday and have already gotten a lot of support just for starting out. We can all do this together. Feel free to add me if you want a good source of motivation.
  • aliciawakka
    aliciawakka Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
    I have been on the site for 4weeks and lost 7lb. I am the same as you with the anxiety issues about going out and making new friends so i have people on MFP to help me atm!
    Also, my family and friends are the same too " ah tyring to lose weight again, see how long it lasts". But i will get it done!

Feel free to add me :)
  • JessJess514
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor to achieve a better you, go for it!!!!

We're in this togerther, all of us :)

I'm brand new here, feel free to add and lean on me :)
  • ztor
    ztor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always tell everyone that I am trying to lose weight...again. Whenever I say I'm going to eat healthier and exercise, it lasts for only so long and then I'm back to square one. Hopefully this time will be different! Losing weight/inches won't happen in a day, but a day will come when those "tight" jeans become your "baggy" jeans!!!
  • beachgirl20
    beachgirl20 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I love MFP and there is wonderful support and motivation. I joined MFP in December 2011 and I am almost half way to my goal. You can do this, just take it one day at a time. Feel free to add me :)
  • ke11eymarie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm inspired already! I am also pumped about meeting people from different parts of the country/continent/world!

Life is good :)
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey lady : ) you are going ot do just fine. This site is way better and FREE so supportive and I am so excited for you.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    welcome! I am new here too.

Feel free to add me as well. I log on daily. :)
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

We're in this togerther, all of us :)

^^^this^^^^

welcome to you too! feel free to add me, as well! (im new as well!) :smile:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    What a touching post. Know that we are all here pulling for you to succeed. We have all been there before and know how hard it is. Starting the journey is hard but once you have MFP and the wealth of support that the members offer, you are sure to succeed! I couldn't have lost 100+ without MFP and my wonderful group of friends:) I don't usually accept many friend requests anymore since I barely have time to encourage the friends I have, but if you'd like, feel free to request me and I will do what I can to help in any way you need it:) Kim
  • jackykins
    jackykins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I definitely know what you mean. When I first joined MFP, I was shocked at how friendly and supporting everyone it. I was skeptical about it but they really keep me on track.
    Feel free to add me so we can embark on this journey together! :)
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    Welcome Kelley. You are safe here. No bulling, no judgement, no negatives. Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Cheryl:heart:
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love reading intro posts like this one. I PROMISE you that if you track your exercise and log your food on this site you will become more mindful of your body and love what it does for you. Good luck on your journey and be sure to make friends! :)
  • cheynshelby
    Options
    Im new to just started last Monday and im down 5 lbs already. Im sure its mostly water weight the first week. I love MFP. I cant get enough of it. I actually would rather go on MFP instead of facebook. Im also hoping to meet new people and share some good recipes. I love to cook. My name is Debi and feel free to add me.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Feel free to at me! I also stumbled upon this site while researching new diets (I have been permanently dieting for about 15 years).... This is an amazing site with tons of support from great people... today is my 70th day, and I am down 24 lbs! Good luck!!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    until you are happy with yourself the way you are at any given time you will never win the battle over anxiety. My son has anxiety ossues and he is approx 3% body fat and is a black belt in karate. He wins his battle by beign "self confident" is his own abilities.

I have learned alot from my 17 year old.