Can I eat a lot of celery to canel out all the wings i eat t

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
I hear celery is a negative calorie food, so i was thinking if i ate a lot of it, it could cancel out some of the wings i ate. Thoughts?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah that'll work...
    Just make sure it's AT LEAST three hours before you go to bed or it'll just turn to fat.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's not really "negative" but you do burn a lot of calories eating celery (and other raw non starchy veggies) because they're full of cellulose wihch is hard to digest. So you can't really "cancel" out your wings, but you can fill up on celery so you don't eat too many wings!
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I regard the "negative food" (takes more calories to digest than is gained) claims with a lot of skepticism. But maybe if you eat a lot of celery and other veggies your stomach will have less room for the wings.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    one bajilion points if you can keep eating after the half time show.
  • HunterAJ
    Options
    It's nice to know that because I love celery I didn't even know that they are (almost) negative calories.:ohwell:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Well, duh. That's why they always serve it with wings.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I work at a restaurant called Wild Wing Cafe and having about 40 different flavors of wings in my face constantly has officially helped me not be "tempted" by the all mighty super bowl staple.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    To be honest, is very diuretic, so you may actually get to wee those chicken wings with so many celery, in other ways, yeah, you'll lose that weight!:D
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    absolutely not - the correct choice would be to drink a lot of beer to flush the fat from the wings out of your system!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    absolutely not - the correct choice would be to drink a lot of beer to flush the fat from the wings out of your system!
    ^^^ hahaha great plan :-)

I think the whole 'negative calorie foods' thing is just a total croc of *kitten*!

If the negative cals theory is true, say 1 stick celery = -2 cals, 1 Wing = 100 cals, that's 50 sticks of celery per wing, wouldn't fit many wings in at that rate lol!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    No need for celery. Wings have no carbs and the sauce is not a white carb.

And we all know it's the white carbs that *kitten* up your waist line.
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Short answer: No.

Just enjoy yourself, eat some wings and celery, and go lighter tomorrow. Your body will forgive you a day. Calorie cycling (eating higher cals one day and lower the next for an overall weekly total) has been shown to be just as effective as a steady calorie intake, and in some cases has been shown to be more effective.

So if you pig out on wings, just eat grilled chicken salad for lunch and dinner tomorrow. You'll be all good.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    as long as your beer and wings balanced (3 oz beer per wing) you should be fine. And unless there's plenty of ranch for the celery...skip it!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like how some people are answering this question seriously. He's joking, people...
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I like how some people are answering this question seriously. He's joking, people...

I was just going to say the same thing, but held off to see how long it would go on....way to ruin my entertainment! :laugh:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I like all the serious answers here...It's obviously a JOKE.
  • juliehinterthuer
    Options
    No such thing as a negative calorie. Simple answer on how to minimize the calories: just don't eat as many. Or if you binge, work extra hard on the cardio the following couple of days to burn it off.

Sadly, though I'm sure you're probably joking, there are many people out there who believe in negative calories and other urban myths like losing weight without smart eating or exercise if you have this contraption or that pill. That's why this country is as fat as it is.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    But they're carbs surely celery is bad for you. Carbs make you fat don't you know.
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    Well, duh. That's why they always serve it with wings.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options

THANK you! lolol I was wondering painfully how long this would go on! :laugh: