New, excited and kind of scared :)

Options
2»

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best part about MFP is it's not a diet lol. And of course the support.

My sister-in-law has lost 17 lbs in about 5 months. I asked her when she knew she could lose the weight and she said after she lost the first pound...up until then her weight had always gone up or stayed the same. After that she was on her way.

As someone said, the only pound you have to lose is the next one...

You can do this!!
  • gary8964
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Everything all the other posters have said is true. You can do this!! Realize that getting healthy and losing weight is a lifestyle change. Yes, you will stumble, but that is part of the process, so accept it for what it is. And cheer yourself for the NSV (non scale victories) that come along, as its is a validation of what you're doing. I will offer encouragement and support, so feel free to add me if you'd like to.
  • jencjeffery
    jencjeffery Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What an awesome first step you have made. I think that is often the hardest part! Now that you are on here you will get so much support it really helps to keep you motivated.
    Good luck, will be here to cheer you on and I need all the help and motivation I can get too.
  • CanDurkin
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm on my 25th day and down 9lbs! The people that I have meet on this site are truly amazing and have helped me to stay strong and focused. Because of them I am officially ADDICTED to MFP! I'm not the most social person either. In general I'm not really comfortable meeting new people and I VERY rarely will strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, you know unless alcohol is involved. LOL. MFP has definitely made me more open to meeting new people and learning about their struggles with their weight. Having the extra support and encouragement is so nice! I hope you reach your goals and I would love to help support you on your journey. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Rusjo
    Rusjo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too, and also suffer from anxiety. That's why the weight has got to go, so I can feel more confident and be proud of my body. I think that will help a lot. It's a lifelong journey that scares the crap out of me at times, but I'm feeling optimistic :)
  • ronald4133
    Options
    I think you'll do great. Feeling like it's your own fault is common. We all know it's not that simple. This site can help with scientific feedback as well as the support of all us who are struggling as well. Just ask and I can friend.