Random 30 Day Shred Question

Options
Is there a way to skip Jillian's explanation of the program each time on the DVD? When I try to go to menu or fast forward it says prohibited on this DVD. It's kind of annoying. I understand listening to it the first time, but every time is a pain. I just want to get started each time.

Any ideas?

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    No, you can't skip it. I usually start the DVD before putting on my workout clothes, grab some water and get ready while she is talking, instead of doing all that first and then standing there listening to her talk.
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Most DVD players have a skip options that will fast forward just past the explanation. Mine does.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    NO U cannot!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    super annoying! I ended up just doing it on my laptop in windows media player so that i could drag the bar to past her talking
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    that's when I get my water
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    No, you can't skip it. I usually start the DVD before putting on my workout clothes, grab some water and get ready while she is talking, instead of doing all that first and then standing there listening to her talk.

Same.
  • Hopingforchange
    Options

Exactly what I do. I was wondering what weights everyone uses. All I own is 5 lb weights, so that is what I use. I can't finish all reps
  • cnick21
    cnick21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nope, you can't..at least not that I'm aware of. And it definitely is quite annoying when you're ready to bust out your workout!
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options

Exactly what I do. I was wondering what weights everyone uses. All I own is 5 lb weights, so that is what I use. I can't finish all reps

I use 5 lbs as well and I can hardly ever do all the reps! I hate it but my body gives up on the last 4-5 I try and do cardio if I give up on reps and keep moving
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    & I download 30ds for free off a torrent website so I skip the intro on my windows media player thank god! her talking is super annoying
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I, too, get dressed & my water with the tv OFF while she goes through her spiel at the beginning.

I use 3# weights- and can do all the reps. I couldn't do all the anterior (shoulder) raises (L1, circuit 3) the first two days, but am fine after that. (I'm still on L1)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I use soup cans or water bottles ranging from 1 to 2 pounds. That was great to start since I was so out of shape. I could probably go up to 3 pounds now but can't find anything in my house that weighs that. May have to just buy some.
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I play it on my computer and the dvd program will skip it (and I usually turn the audio off so I don't have to hear her talking)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    nope, it does get annoying lol. I start the dvd and then get my workout gear on and hrm set while she talks. By the time I'm done she is also done rambling on :wink:

edit* I use 5lb weights with this dvd
  • luv2eduk8
    luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I am glad I am not the only one who feels it's annoying. I think I will start changing and getting ready while it's playing. That's a great idea.

I use 3 lb weights for most of it and can do all the reps. I do use 5 lb weights for the chest presses though. I eventually hope to do the whole thing with 5 lb, but am not ready yet.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options

I use 3lb but for some moves I think I can move up to 5lbs. I am on Level 3 now
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I use 8lbs weights for most of the moves and 5lbs for the more challenging moves!
  • medstudentchef
    Options
    [

I use 5 pound weighs for most moves, but for a couple of the harder ones I use 2 pound weights. My endurance with the 5 pound ones have really increased though.