Really struggling and need friends to help along the way!

Options
Well I guess the subject says it all really. I dont seem to be getting far and when I was at my best I found I was at the heart of a great weightloss community. Now I live away from that it would be great to get some of it back on here. I get married in 20 weeks and have 20 lbs to lose. My weight loss is slow and not so steady but thats not aided by my over eating at weekends.

If anyone knows how I feel and wants someone to chat to or would like someone to help along the journey. Please add me. Would be great to have more friends esp as away from home!

Thank you
Jasmin xxx

Replies

• ausiewombat8
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, you work hard and it never seems to be getting you where you want to go as fast as you want to go there.
    Remember that weight loss is a continual journey, till you hit your goal and after.
    Some stress is good but putting a lot of pressure on yourself to lose 20lbs in 20 weeks before a wedding along with all the other stuff you have to deal with in preparation may be overwhelming. Be good to yourself and set goals that are motivating not daunting.

Don't cheat yourself, you work hard all week towards a goal, don't let other pople or situations or cupcakes or chicen wings de-rail you. You are worth keeping around even if you don't eat the junk on the weekends. Bask in being the kwirkey health food nut on weekends, the one that brings her own snacks and DDs so they do't drink. You can feel more empowered by being able to say no to cheating on the weekends and it will get easier with time. Also you should see the results in your clothes and weight. Not to mention you don't have to restart a diet Monday morning, you are just continuing your everyday way of eating.

Anyway I hope you get the support you'de like. Best of luck.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    welcome, and good luck in your journey! I am new here, too... feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    im new here too, feel free to add
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    add me if you wish i am on here 24/7 lol joking but seriously a lot, hehehe i will help you kick your own butt :)

also a lot of my friends are awesome too i will tell them to add you if you want also
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel and I have had success overcoming it--and so can you! I read a quote recently, "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." I think it can apply to health and fitness as well! I'll send you a friend request. Good luck--I promise in the end it's worth the frustration!
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    Yeah I'm quite new too and also struggle, feel free too add me
  • kandidoodle
    Options
    One thing I've found to be true is...to diet or loose weight is to change your way of eating for life. We don't put the weight on overnight and it's not coming off that way either. Find a lifestyle program of eating and exercise that is fitting for you. Like the Atkins or just counting calories or whatever. Be good to yourself and don't get discouraged, it is a process of training yourself into better choices that will work for life...ongoing! So we can maintain our weight. Look ahead and see the picture of yourself at your goal, and if your not there at the timeline you set for yourself, just keep going and you'll get there, that's the key. Your not where you were, Right? So keep on keeping on and we shall arive.
  • melloneill16
    melloneill16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I am new to this also and have decided to stop waiting for my friends to workout with me or eat like me. I have finally found a couple of groups of people who are just like me! I have bootcamp (which I love!) and they are a bunch of people just like me! I have an AdvoCare family which I love and now this website....everyone is very inspiring and I can't believe i cant wait to work out now! I want to be more organized healthy and do not feel like I am doing it alone...finally in charge and feel incontrol of my own desiny and life! Good luck and we are all here !!
  • Buggie129
    Buggie129 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Get some kick butt music and a heart rate monitor and hit the gym! You will start to feel so good that it becomes easy.

Since I started losing weight last April I have inspired 3 people to start exercising and eating better. :bigsmile: They call me the food police at work!

Course, I am a little older than you :wink:
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel but you will get there. Feel free to read my profile and add me for support and motivation...
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm new, too. Please feel free to add me. And good luck!!