im having trouble staying away from sweets, any help? or su

Options
I'm sort of new to MFP and I am trying to lose some weight, but I can not stray from the sweets. I'm fighting a losing battle with chocolate. haha.
Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do? or a food that might get rid of the cravings?

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    are you buying them and keeping them at home - if so quit!

fat free chocolate milk
    fat free chocolate pudding.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I buy dark chocolate and then have 1-2 squares after dinner. I am sure others will have some great suggestions too. We shouldn't deprive ourselves totally but try to fit it in to our menu. :flowerforyou:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I find with myself once I have sweets I don't stop...therefore I avoid sugar at all costs. It's hard at first but you get use to it. Try high protein sweets like reduced fat peanut butter...it's not as bad because the protein keeps you feeling full....just obviously don't go nuts. 1 tbs with an apple is an awesome snack!:flowerforyou:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I heard if you eat something spicy (like Salsa) would help with the sweet craving--less calories! :smile:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i eat chocolate everyday, i just make sure it fits in my calories!
  • betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    I've cut all artificial sweeteners out of my diet and have noticed a reduced appetite and fewer sugar cravings. Don't know if they're connected, but that's what I've noticed.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    if you want chocolate, have some. not like a giant candy bar but a dark chocolate kiss should be enough to curb any cravings.

if you deprive yourself of something, your going to end up overdoing it later on.
  • madair801
    madair801 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try not to have them handy. My moto is "if I don't have it, I can't eat it" Try limiting yourself to buying one at a time or a day. If you have to go out to get it, chances are you won't. Try eating it slowly (I know that is hard to do) to make it last a little longer or throughout the day. We all know you can do it!!
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 20
    Options
    Dark chocolate is a good suggestion. It is very very hard at first to by pass the sweets. MFP made it easier for me because I always input EVERYTHING I eat, and when you put in a sweet WOW those numbers made me not want to eat it. Even a little nibble of something here and there can add up real quick. So if I am making my son a PBJ sandwich and sneak half a tsp of peanut butter.....I input it. Try to input BEFORE you eat, that helps me. Eating sweets is a lot like working out....it is never easy, it is really hard at first, but gets easier as you go. Don't give up, it will take time and it will get easier. YOU ARE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE TEMPTATION.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Never been much of a sweets eater, but I am a junk food junkie in rehab :laugh: I love chips, chex mix and all the salty things, so when I want to eat this nothing foods I go and get me some raw veggies and eat those. for me it helps alot.
  • kimdr
    kimdr Posts: 12
    Options
    No sugar added fudgsicles. As good as the original and only 40 cals.
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    What everyone else has told you is good advice. I myself LOVE sweets, so I eat a lot of fruit to calm the cravings. If I have to have chocolate though I'll get dove dark chocolate bar and eat like a piece or two and save the rest. There's 190 calories in the whole bar. You could also try melting some dark chocolate pieces and dipping fruit in it. Also, Breyers has this new ice cream out, I think it's called smooth & dreamy (I think). It has 1/2 the fat and calories of normal ice cream. The chocolate chocolate chip is amazing and taste like full fat ice cream.
  • klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Quaker Chewy Dipps... chocolate chip granola bar dipped in chocolate. Not a candy bar but good for 140 calories. Don't deprive yourself... take a walk to earn extra calories!
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I like to eat the Quaker Mini Delights White Chocolatey Drizzle snack packs (only 90 calories). Yummo! You can also try chewing a piece of gum. I sometimes find that my mouth just wants to be busy! :tongue: